PDA

View Full Version : lumber yard

timmbuck2
05-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey all you woodworkers...who is your favorite lumber place? I am looking for some cedar 8 foot 2x12's to make some raised beds for gardening...and the new place will have room for a woodshop so I hope to start puttering around out there again soon. The lowe's near me did have a few, but not sure $35 each was a good price or not. Home Depot had nothing.

Thanks!

T

bigbluefj
05-27-2009, 02:28 PM
well if you want to drive to Canmore Alberta Canada i'll give you a hell of a deal on some..

Kevin

powderpig
05-27-2009, 04:38 PM
De Moines Iowa has a killer one, Where you bring your own beer. a small entry fee, unlimited intertainment of a visual kind.
you go to get your woody on!!!!!!

Wrong lumber yard. You guys are talking about wood

powderpig
05-28-2009, 07:30 AM
So a little attempt at humor.
In Des Moine Iowa, is a strip club that allow you to bring in your own drinks, they have fridges under the tables and meat racks to allow you to keep your drinks cool.
Anyhow the place is called The Lumber Yard. the radio advertizement is "it is the place to go and get your Woody on" Yes, I heard it on a radio ad passing through Iowa.
The make there money on the entry fee, not on booze, this allowed them to not have a booze licence. Interesting model for a strip.

Inukshuk
05-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Jordan's Building Center in Wheat Ridge has a mill shop. If they don't have what you need they can probably order it or point you in the right direction. (303) 421-1484. There are some others in town too. FWIW, the Lowe's price does not sound bad to me.