PDA

View Full Version : lefthand rock crawl trail work days

nuclearlemon
05-28-2009, 07:52 PM
from brian rasmussen

2009 Rock Crawl Volunteer Work-
Lefthand Canyon Off-Highway Vehicle Area

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their patience during the long winter and spring. Boulder Ranger District is about to resume work on the Lefthand Rock Crawl/Challenge Route. The first work weekend of the year is coming up on Saturday and Sunday, June 6 and 7. On this weekend we plan to finish the post and cable work on the smaller/easier challenge route. Last year the backhoe was not able to reach all the post locations with its auger. So that leaves us with about 17 posts to install by hand using posthole diggers, rock bars, jack hammers, and shovels.

Also: Pencil in an additional work weekend on your calendars. I hope to continue work on the route on Saturday and Sunday, June 20 and 21. I will send out an email update about this work weekend on Friday June 12th or sooner.

Please call or email me so I have a general idea of how many people are planning to be there.

Brian Rasmussen 303-541-2525
bdrasmussen@fs.fed.us

Work Details-

Saturday June 6th
Meet at the Lefthand OHV Area entrance at 9:00am (CR 94 and Forest Road 286). We will need to carry 20 bags of concrete and 20 gallons of water up a steep high clearance road to the worksite. We will also have a generator and two jackhammers as well as shovels, rock bars, and posthole diggers.

We need vehicles capable of hauling people, tools and materials. Bring your own lunch and plenty of drinking water. Be sure to bring protective work equipment such as gloves, eye protection, hearing protection, sun protection, etc. as needed.

Sunday June 7th
Meet at the Lefthand OHV Area entrance at 9:00am (CR 94 and Forest Road 286). We will need to carry some coils of cable to the worksite. We will also have some misc. hand tools to bring. If we have time we will do some sign work in the area at the end of the day.

We need vehicles capable of hauling people, tools and materials. Bring your own lunch and plenty of drinking water. Be sure to bring protective work equipment such as gloves, eye protection, hearing protection, sun protection, etc. as needed. We should be done by early afternoon.