PDA

View Full Version : Injector Cleaning Local-McKinney Turbo?

davework
06-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I am pulling my injectors from my '94 80 and have found a couple of local places that will clean them. Has anyone had experience with either?

McKinney Turbo and Fuel Pump-Denver-$20/each

Kiwi Car Care-Boulder-$30/each

Both sounded knowledgeable on the phone, will provide a report, and can do 24 hr turn around. But I wanted to see if anyone here has used either?

Thanks!

Red_Chili
06-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Hard to beat Witchhunter. Almost the same turnaround time. Nobody has more experience...

Complete Cleaning & Flow Testing for only $18 per injector.
Includes before / after test data.

davework
06-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I'd prefer to stay local, but will send off if no one has good feedback on these guys...

powderpig
06-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I did not know they were around.
What do they actually do for the money they charge?
For the 18 witch hunter charges, go here http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorserv1.php4

then compare to what the other companies are offering. If you want let us know for future reference.
But 30 is a bit high for cost. IMHO

Uncle Ben
06-01-2009, 04:29 PM
x 100 on Witch Hunter! Awesome to deal with!!!

davework
06-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I think I will just send to WitchHunter, if I end up stopping by McKinney, I'll let everyone know what their process is and how it looks in comparison.

Cheeseman
06-01-2009, 10:08 PM
McKinney Turbo is a good ol' family business. Had to take the fuel injector pump from a Diesel engine there for work. Long story made short they fixed problems that someone else had created and didn't even bat an eye. Lots of people/businesses take there injection work to them. Larry Mckinney is the owner and his son works the shop. He is an old hot rod guy as well.
________
The Cigar Boss (http://thecigarboss.com/)

ElliottB
06-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Fuel injectors? What are those? :D

powderpig
06-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Well your Audi has 4

wesintl
06-02-2009, 02:33 PM
They keep your motor from dying off camber :D

davework
08-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Wanted to update this thread real quickly so no one has bad info...

McKinney took my injectors, called me back the next day and said they don't have the correct adapter to do them. Didn't have to time to ship them off, so buttoned her all back up after giving them an exterior wash. Nice guys at McKinney, wished they did the 80 injectors. Don't know for sure if Kiwi in Boulder are able to do them.

Snowrun
08-27-2009, 02:03 PM
I recently used Witch Hunter Performance for the injectors on my 80.
I was very impressed by the turn around time. They also send a nice spec sheet of the before and after performance data.:thumb:

nuclearlemon
08-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Wanted to update this thread real quickly so no one has bad info...

McKinney took my injectors, called me back the next day and said they don't have the correct adapter to do them. Didn't have to time to ship them off, so buttoned her all back up after giving them an exterior wash. Nice guys at McKinney, wished they did the 80 injectors. Don't know for sure if Kiwi in Boulder are able to do them.

sad to hear. i wonder if larry mckinney is the same one that runs the body shop at mccandless international.