PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Tomorrow Night

Romer
06-02-2009, 09:26 PM
woo hoo, time to drink beer err time to get together to discuss club business:D

Oh hell, time to drink two beers:beer::beer:

Uncle Ben
06-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Isn't "beer" plural? I had a beer..... I bought a case of beer......I drank too many beer last night......I drank 1 beer and I have peed 10 beer....

Now I'm thirsty....

Groucho
06-03-2009, 05:16 AM
Isn't "beer" plural? I had a beer..... I bought a case of beer......I drank too many beerS last night......I drank 1 beer and I have peed 10 beerS....

Now I'm thirsty....

Fixed it for ya...

jacdaw
06-03-2009, 05:45 AM
I may not be wise to split hairs after a few beers, but it sure is fun to listen to. See y'all tonight.:beer:

Uncle Ben
06-03-2009, 07:17 AM
http://www.cnet.com/i/bto/20080908/Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

Sooooo, if "beers" is correct then when we go to the mountains and see a whole herd of critters we can say "Wow, look at all the deers over there." :p:

Groucho
06-03-2009, 07:50 AM
this thread has been derailed, Susie is going to blow the whistle on her oppressive boss, bartender, gimme another highball! Full steam ahead, guys!

http://www.cnet.com/i/bto/20080908/Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg
I will be at the meeting and after for a beer, maybe. Lloyd--My yearbook has things written in it like "Lloyd, see you next year, maybe".
Sooooo, if "beers" is correct then when we go to the mountains and see a whole herd of critters we can say "Wow, look at all the deers over there." :p:

I will give you the answer to that question next Saturday.

Now riddle me this, Batman.
1. If goose is singular, and geese is plural;
2. and mouse is singular and mice is plural;
3. then if caboose is singular, what is plural?

Maybe you were thinking of how to pluralize the word beer like the word Moose? As in "look at the moose, kids?" and "look at all the moose, honey".

Té amo, UB.

bh4rnnr
06-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Was wanting to make this meeting, but will have to wait:(.

Uncle Ben
06-03-2009, 10:58 AM
this thread has been derailed, Susie is going to blow the whistle on her oppressive boss, bartender, gimme another highball! Full steam ahead, guys!

Now riddle me this, Batman.
1. If goose is singular, and geese is plural;
2. and mouse is singular and mice is plural;
3. then if caboose is singular, what is plural?

Maybe you were thinking of how to pluralize the word beer like the word Moose? As in "look at the moose, kids?" and "look at all the moose, honey".

Té amo, UB.

You of all people know there is only one caboose! Silly boy....:rolleyes:

Groucho
06-03-2009, 11:39 AM
You of all people know there is only one caboose! Silly boy....:rolleyes:

Ahh, but when the boy becomes a man...

From near Chama, where we went for memorial day...

subzali
06-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Caboosen!

:hill:

(that was a Brian Regan reference)

subzali
06-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Isn't "beer" plural? I had a beer..... I bought a case of beer......I drank too many beer last night......I drank 1 beer and I have peed 10 beer....

Now I'm thirsty....

A "case of beer" sounds singular because it's referring to the case. "Two cases of beer." Two cases full of beers. :confused: :rolleyes:

I don't know what I'm talking about any more.

Hulk
06-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Not going to make it tonight. My wife bought tickets to see Lucinda Williams at the Botanic Gardens this evening. I don't know a single Lucinda Williams song, but I hear that she is good. Either way, I will have a glass of red wine in my hand as the sun sets. :)

rover67
06-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Lucinda Williams is pretty darned cool. You'll enjoy it.

I won't be making the meeting tonight either.. It's Allison's B-Day.

Groucho
06-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Lucinda Williams is pretty darned cool. You'll enjoy it.

I won't be making the meeting tonight either.. It's Allison's B-Day.

Happy B-Day Allison!

DaveInDenver
06-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Not going to make it tonight. My wife bought tickets to see Lucinda Williams at the Botanic Gardens this evening. I don't know a single Lucinda Williams song, but I hear that she is good. Either way, I will have a glass of red wine in my hand as the sun sets. :)
So funny, Car Wheels On A Gravel Road is playing right now in my iTunes. You will like her, can't believe such an alt.country guru is Lucinda shy. I saw her back at the Hi Pointe with (I think) the Blood Oranges. It had to be 1992 or 1993, prior to Son Volt anyway 'cause of Mark Spencer. Last time I remember her coming through Denver would have been with the Jayhawks, probably 5 or 6 years ago now.

Just got me to thinking how cool of a scene it was back in 1992 ~ 1997 in St. Louis when I was single, flush with cash, living in Soulard and barely sober. Dang, the bands we saw, it a SXSW right in our backyard. Wow. This was before No Depression and Paste and eventually Rolling Stone figured it all out.

jacdaw
06-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Not going to make it tonight. My wife bought tickets to see Lucinda Williams at the Botanic Gardens this evening. I don't know a single Lucinda Williams song, but I hear that she is good. Either way, I will have a glass of red wine in my hand as the sun sets. :)Lucinda is full of attitude...no beers required. I'm guessing you loved the show.

rover67
06-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Happy B-Day Allison!

Thanks! Allison says thanks!

Matt, did you enjoy the concert?

Hulk
06-04-2009, 10:04 AM
The show was very good. I liked her and her band a lot.

One funny thing: the first half of the show was pretty quiet, with songs that were folky or bluesy, but not particularly rockin'. They picked up the tempo in the second half of the show, but apparently the Botanic Gardens has strict rules about decibel levels, so the band couldn't turn up the volume. This frustrated Lucinda -- at one point she said, "With these decibel level restrictions, they shouldn't even book rock bands here. It should only be acoustic acts. It's like trying to run with a broken ankle. (pause) I don't know -- does it sound good to you guys?" Of course the crowd roared an enthusiastic yes, and they continued on.