PDA

View Full Version : In-vehicle vs off-vehicle injector cleaning

Mendocino
06-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I have what I think is a lean mis-fire in my fuel injected 350 SBC as of this morning (shows up ~1200-2100 RPM). Has anyone had any success with the in-vehicle injector cleaning? I know there is a bit of set-up with the fuel system, but I'm not too concerned about that.

If I use Witchhunter its $144 plus shipping for all 8 injectors and I can't take my 40 to the BOWAGW event next week.

Comments?:confused:

Hulk
06-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Have you tried this stuff? I find it works like magic.

DaveInDenver
06-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I personally don't know that 44K is worth the $20+ per can that it costs (particular when compared to under $20 each for Witchhunter). Anything that is safe for the whole fuel system is probably not strong enough to really help. Just my experience, so YMMV. I understand the in situ cleaning done at dealers and shop where they run solvent through the system is a much more concentrated solution than the stuff in a can, so that may be different. But that is more expensive than the canned stuff.

I used Witchhunter when I built the mighty 22R-E and could not have been happier with the way the injectors came back. Bad friggin' new, shiny, new seals. I wrote the number of each injector on it as I took it out and they took the time to etch it in before cleaning them.