PDA

View Full Version : Bit the bullet...

Rezarf
06-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Bought MAF's 4+ u bolt flip kit for the front of the 40...

I will do a write up on them when they arrive and I install them.

I knew I could make them, but I am hoping that I can have them on in the time it would take just to track down the material and parts to make them.

I have been impressed with all the 4+ products I have seen and used.

:thumb:

ttubb
06-08-2009, 07:53 AM
I have them on my 40 F&R and they seem to be quality products. Easy install. T

nakman
06-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah you're going to love not having those big landing pads down there Drew, sweet upgrade. :thumb:

AxleIke
06-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Awesome Drew!!!

Rezarf
06-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Parts came in! WOW! 4+ Products do not dissapoint! I am waiting on some steel caster shims then I will install them. I picked up a reciever hitch from 4+ as well and it is BEEFY!

Is it me or is it ALWAYS fun to open up heavy packages?

Drew

jacdaw
06-19-2009, 10:12 PM
<snip>Is it me or is it ALWAYS fun to open up heavy packages?

DrewI LOVE when the Brown Santa comes to my door!

Rezarf
07-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Slapped the U-bolt flip kit on this morning... wow what a terrific product! I beefed up the spring pack center pin to 3/8" and everything went together so nicely!

I had a quick question, though, I can't seem to find any torque specs on the 9/16" ubolt nuts. I found this SAE torque chart (http://www.youngspring.com/pages/torque.htm) but it says the upper end would be 131 ft/lbs :eek: I cranked them in stages to 90 ft/lbs but I feel like I can snug them up even more with the nearly 3/4" plate bracing the spring pack.

What say you? How tight should I go? :thumb:

Drew

Crash
07-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Don't be surprised if the thick plate bends. Then again, the 40 being lighter than a 62, you might not see that as I did with my truck. Dave Gore, Mr. 4+, said don't worry about it and I don't. That was at 90 ft/lbs of torque and I can't quickly find the pictures I posted on Mud of the bent plates. There will be a new place that drags first, just as upgrading to better birfs moves the weak point to someplace else, but the flipkit is a big improvement, IMO. Now do the rears!