PDA

View Full Version : 4 speed & Split T-Case?

Air Randy
06-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Everyone, I have a chance to get an H41 4 speed transmission with a split TC attached. Both are guaranteed to be in excellent condition.

I want the H41 but don't need the TC because I just got an Orion 4-1 unit. Does anyone have a need for this split TC and my H42 tranny? If so, what is the going rate for a setup like this? I believe the TC also comes with the fine spline type DS yokes so it would be close to a staright bolt-in for an older FJ40. Let me know if there is an interest. Thanks-Randy

subzali
06-09-2009, 02:11 PM
did the tcase come off of an FJ62 then? Has it been converted to manual actuation?

Air Randy
06-09-2009, 02:59 PM
No idea what it came out of originally but it was in a FJ40. This unit is coming from Georg/OrangeFJ45 on MUD, so from a very reputable source. Here is what he says about it:

I just removed this unit from a customer's rig; shifts smooth, no noise, no grinding, no leaks. I did reseal the transfer case and replaced the idler shaft since it showed some wear but everything else in the t-case was in great shape. Also replaced both drain plugs with new magnetic units. t-case comes with the drive flanges as well. This is a complete combo with the transmission, shifters for trans and t-case, the t-case itself and I might even have the 4spd bell housing for it.

Uncle Ben
06-09-2009, 03:01 PM
did the tcase come off of an FJ62 then? Has it been converted to manual actuation?

Why would you want manual activation? manual is fine if you convert to dual stick but the engineer who decided to add to excitement by making it so the passenger kicks you out of 4WD is still laughing I'm sure! Cruel joke Mr.Toyoda! :rant:

subzali
06-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Why would you want manual activation? manual is fine if you convert to dual stick but the engineer who decided to add to excitement by making it so the passenger kicks you out of 4WD is still laughing I'm sure! Cruel joke Mr.Toyoda! :rant:

I'm just asking because if it were to be installed in an FJ40 or something, one would have to make provisions for vacuum actuated 4wd...

or like you said twin stick - very appropriate conversion because of this cool thread on IH8MUD (http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/287420-ultimate-h55f-5spd-conversion-combo.html) :cool: - funny enough posted by the guy selling this combo to Randy...:thumb:

nuclearlemon
06-09-2009, 03:12 PM
if it's an h41, it most likely came from a 60. if it was a u.s spec 62, it would've an auto trans.

subzali
06-09-2009, 03:39 PM
if it's georg selling it, chances are good it's a hybrid ;)

Man Jerk
06-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Did they ever make a 19 spline orion? I thought it was only 16 spline.

wesintl
06-09-2009, 04:33 PM
not necessarily. could come out of any number of troopies.

subzali
06-09-2009, 04:49 PM
I wish I had access to all the cool stuff Whatley, Georg, Poser, and G&S in Canada have access to :bawl: