PDA

View Full Version : 2F - need diagram or pictures of carb hoses

ColoradoLC
06-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I am reinstalling my carb (I finally got it back from Mark's Offroad) and he cleaned all of my markings off so I need some pictures or diagram to show where they connect to.

I found the FSM copies here (http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=17&p=2) but the diagrams in there are too hard to read.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Winston

FJ_Mark
06-10-2009, 04:09 PM
What year? I think I have a late model Toyota emissions manual around that should have a diagram

PabloCruise
06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
We will need to know what year, and also what spec.

At one time 40's (and I think 55's) were equipped with either Federal, California or High-Altitude emissions...

ColoradoLC
06-10-2009, 04:57 PM
It's an 86. I have no idea what spec it is though. How can I tell?

ColoradoLC
06-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Actually, I think I have it figured out. Thanks for taking a look. I pulled the stare at it until it gives up trick.

Rzeppa
06-10-2009, 11:27 PM
All 60s had the same stuff AFAIK. I have hi-res images of stuff on the 2F that came from a 60 if you need them.

ColoradoLC
06-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks Jeff, I think I got it. I should be firing it up today or tomorrow. Fortunately for me, my old hoses were old enough that they wanted to go right back where they belonged, LOL!

Winston

Kipper
06-11-2009, 11:52 AM
how long did it take to get your carb back from Mark?

ColoradoLC
06-11-2009, 12:14 PM
It was probably about a week before it was ready, but took me about 2 and a half to get it back after he got it.

The problem was just communicating with him. Most of the time you have to leave a message. He does not work with email. Many times I called, someone would answer, put me on hold and never come back (within about 5 minutes, so I would hang up). Other times someone would answer and then...nothing, which was strange and makes me wonder if there were line issues. About 1 out of 5 times I would actually get ahold of him and be able to talk.

Once you connect, everything is smooth. And he does great work. Like I said - my carb is so clean the Sharpie ink was gone that I had marked for the hoses to go.