View Full Version : 2F - need diagram or pictures of carb hoses

06-10-2009, 03:18 PM
I am reinstalling my carb (I finally got it back from Mark's Offroad) and he cleaned all of my markings off so I need some pictures or diagram to show where they connect to.

I found the FSM copies here (http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=17&p=2) but the diagrams in there are too hard to read.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

06-10-2009, 05:09 PM
What year? I think I have a late model Toyota emissions manual around that should have a diagram

06-10-2009, 05:47 PM
We will need to know what year, and also what spec.

At one time 40's (and I think 55's) were equipped with either Federal, California or High-Altitude emissions...

06-10-2009, 05:57 PM
It's an 86. I have no idea what spec it is though. How can I tell?

06-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Actually, I think I have it figured out. Thanks for taking a look. I pulled the stare at it until it gives up trick.

06-11-2009, 12:27 AM
All 60s had the same stuff AFAIK. I have hi-res images of stuff on the 2F that came from a 60 if you need them.

06-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks Jeff, I think I got it. I should be firing it up today or tomorrow. Fortunately for me, my old hoses were old enough that they wanted to go right back where they belonged, LOL!

06-11-2009, 12:52 PM
how long did it take to get your carb back from Mark?

06-11-2009, 01:14 PM
It was probably about a week before it was ready, but took me about 2 and a half to get it back after he got it.

The problem was just communicating with him. Most of the time you have to leave a message. He does not work with email. Many times I called, someone would answer, put me on hold and never come back (within about 5 minutes, so I would hang up). Other times someone would answer and then...nothing, which was strange and makes me wonder if there were line issues. About 1 out of 5 times I would actually get ahold of him and be able to talk.

Once you connect, everything is smooth. And he does great work. Like I said - my carb is so clean the Sharpie ink was gone that I had marked for the hoses to go.