PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun!!!!!

Dr. Schlegs
06-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have finally arrived to CO. I am looking forward to attending a meeting and getting to know people. I have heard a number of good things about this club from Slee Off-Road and Val at High Country Performance.

The reason for me writting today is to see if anyone will be wheeling this Sunday (6/14). Being from the Midwest, the terrain is a little different from what you have here. Further, I was wanting to learn from some of the best good trail etiquette.

I understand this is a little short notice but if you have room for someone please let me know.

Regards,
Kevin Schlegel

timmbuck2
06-12-2009, 10:45 AM
where from in the Midwest? I am a midwestern corn-fed boy. I am not headed out soon, but check out the Event Planning forum here, lot's of runs coming up.

Welcome!!

T

Squishy!
06-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I might run Spring Creek Sunday. I'll be heading up around 11:30. Just trying to make a quick run in the poor Rock crawler that never gets driven anymore. How built is your truck?

Dr. Schlegs
06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I am from Eastern IA orginally, and than moved up to Minneapolis to further my education. My FJ-40 (which is coming in July) has 33's, winch, and disc brake conversation. I have more plans for it, so if people every want to turn a wench I am more than happy to have some help.

My FZJ-80 is stock other than the Borla Exhaust System. I have some plans for this as well.

I moved out here to try to establish my career. Well it was an added kick in the pants that Denver has a great Land Crusier presence, and Fly - Fishing.

I have no idea where anything is, but I would be happy to meet some place and head out from there. I just need some directions.

Air Randy
06-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Squishy, Kevin,

I'm running Spring Creek on Sunday too with the Mule, my daughter & SIL are bringing their XJ:tongue2:

We were going to leave Castle Rock around 8:30 which would get us up there around 10. Do you guys want to meet up somewhere?

Kevin - You may want to check this link out to learn about the Spring Creek obstacles http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=36 This website also has great info on just about every trail in the region.

This will be my first trip to this trail, maybe Squishy has experience with it, but it sounds like you should have a mild lift, 33's and a locked rear to give this a shot. That is unless there are bypasses around all of the big obstacles, then you should be OK. You're always welcome to ride along with someone else too if your rig isnt ready yet.

Air Randy
06-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Spring Creek is rated a 6 if you take the bypasses and easy lines and an 8 if you take on all of the obstacles. Here is the definition of vehicle requirements for a 6 rated trail from that website:

Rating of 6: probably too much for a stock Jeep Wrangler, but perfect for one on 33" tires. These trails will provide challenges and fun for mildly modified vehicles as well as the bigger rigs, so they are perfect for mixed groups. There may be obstacles with many lines from easy to difficult.

Mendocino
06-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I think I am in for this. I seem to have resolved my fuel system issue. Shall we meet at the BK in Downieville at noon?

Tch2fly
06-12-2009, 01:40 PM
I'd love to go do something on Sunday.

I'd be looking to run something a bit less technical and I'll save Spring Creek for next week because I'm planning on the Father's Day run.

Anybody up for Bill Moore Lake?

Mendocino
06-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Bill Moore Lake works for me.

Squishy!
06-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I can do either as long as I can meet up around noon. I've got church and the Fiance to take care of on Sunday too.

Dr. Schlegs
06-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Well it sounds like there will be about five rigs, maybe a sixth if a stock 80 can make it (I'm looking for an excuse to get rid of my running boards (Hint, Hint, Wink, Wink).

It looks like which ever trail we take, we should meet at the Starbucks next to the gas station at Downieville, exit 234 off of I-70. Around 12 Noon?

Are people open to this?

Kevin

Mendocino
06-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I posted this up in the event staging area.