PDA

View Full Version : Bill Moore Lake 6/14/2009

Mendocino
06-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Meet at the Burger King in Downieville at 12 noon.

CB channel 4, 146.460 for those of you on HAM.

Proposed attendees:

Mendocino
Tch2fly & Mt. drew
Squishy
Kevin Shlegal
The Boom Boom
Gettaglxdriver
Boulder Cruiser
MtnTrucker (?)
RedCreeper
Ige (?)
Wesintl

wesintl
06-12-2009, 03:45 PM
anyone know how far you can get right now?

jettaglxdriver
06-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Where the heck is that and how hard is the trail?

nakman
06-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Up above Empire, and not very.

Squishy!
06-12-2009, 04:28 PM
My stock 4runner could do it no prob, but there'll a lot of snow.

Mendocino
06-12-2009, 05:02 PM

I think you would be fine Mike. Go here (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=12) and you can read about it.

Squishy!
06-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm debating between this run or Spring Creek... 4Runner? or Rock Crawler? Peer pressure, BEGIN! :D

Air Randy
06-12-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm checking with my daughter to see if her merry band is willing to consider Bill Moore instead of Spring Creek. I'll let you know. Is there a place for me to park my trailer if I haul the Mule up instead of driving it?

On the other hand I have to say my real preference is to do some more challenging rock climbing on dryer trails. It is almost officially summer, I really dont want to see snow or have to deal with it again for quite a few more months. So my vote is: ROCK CRAWLER:headbang::headbang::headbang:

theboomboom
06-12-2009, 06:28 PM
I would like to do this, and I have some buddies that would like to stretch the legs of their stockers. Put me down as a tentative yes...

Mendocino
06-12-2009, 06:46 PM
...Is there a place for me to park my trailer if I haul the Mule up instead of driving it?

Yes, you can park a trailer right by BK or by the old mine above Empire.

So when did the Mule become a Trailer Queen...:rolleyes:

Tch2fly
06-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I didn't propose this in the other thread to drag guys away from Spring Creek :o I just don't need to run it two Sundays in a row :D

We could also try Red Elephant while we are there.

Mountain Drew will be along, wheelin' his Runner:thumb:

Mendocino
06-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I think Red Elephant Hill would be a good option for those seeking a more technical route and we could meet at the top. Although, I am not trying to divert the group from Spring Creek.

BTW-I'm not in charge of this trip.

Dr. Schlegs
06-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Anything sounds good to me. I'm just looking forward to meeting some Cruiser People and learn a little about wheeling in CO. If people think I can handle a trail in my stock 80 all the better.

Thanks in advance for showing me the ropes.
Kevin

jettaglxdriver
06-12-2009, 08:40 PM
I think the lady and I are going to head up there. I am going to do an oil change and other PM in the morning (greasing stuff).

My 60 has been running better as the week has went on. I am at 1/2 tank again I think a refil at the shell will tell me for sure if it was a tank of bad gas. My fingers are crossed for that solution.

Boulder Cruiser
06-12-2009, 08:45 PM
I might be able to make it also.

Mendocino
06-12-2009, 09:02 PM
I might be able to make it also.

BTW-I like your Avatar; your lights actually work.;)

Air Randy
06-12-2009, 09:57 PM
The Mule became a trailer queen when I spent more money on the tires than the entire rest of the rig is worth. Don't want to wear those puppies out runnin down the asphalt.

Also, keep in mind that I can leave at 10:00 AM driving the truck and towing the trailer, I will easily be there by Noon. If I drive the Mule I'll have to leave by 7 in order to be there by Noon and I will have consumed more fuel than the truck uses pulling the trailer.

Mendocino
06-12-2009, 09:59 PM
:D I think I hit a nerve; you are sounding a wee bit defensive Randy. A simple "Pi** off Jeff" would have been sufficient.:)

The Mule became a trailer queen when I spent more money on the tires than the entire rest of the rig is worth. Don't want to wear those puppies out runnin down the asphalt.

Also, keep in mind that I can leave at 10:00 AM driving the truck and towing the trailer, I will easily be there by Noon. If I drive the Mule I'll have to leave by 7 in order to be there by Noon and I will have consumed more fuel than the truck uses pulling the trailer.

RedCreeper
06-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Was thinking of coming along. How tight if any is this run? Any car washes on the trail?
Looks like fun.

thanks.

Air Randy
06-13-2009, 07:43 AM
:D I think I hit a nerve; you are sounding a wee bit defensive Randy. A simple "Pi** off Jeff" would have been sufficient.:)

Well, if you insist: "Pi** off Jeff" :D

Mendocino
06-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Well, if you insist: "Pi** off Jeff" :D

OK, that's more in line with what I expected.:D

Air Randy
06-13-2009, 01:33 PM
You're right, the kinder, gentler thing just doesn't work for me. :hill:

Mendocino
06-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I have a baby sitter for tomorrow so baring any unfortunate events Ann (:Princess:) and I will be there.

Air Randy
06-13-2009, 01:52 PM
I did my best to try and talk my daughter into running Spring Creek next weekend but that won't work for her bunch, so count me out for Bill Moore tomorrow.

My bunch is leaving Castle Rock at 9 am so we should be at the Spring Creek trailhead between 10:30 and 11 am. I'll try to slow them down towards a Noon start since Squishy and some others were wanting to do that. But if were not there at Noon, go ahead because we probably already started.

Mendocino
06-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Roger roger.

Squishy!
06-13-2009, 03:37 PM
I'll be running Bill Moore. Looks like Squishy! (the pick-up) is out of gas, totally out of gas mind you, and the registration is out by two months. Oops.:(

So looks like the RadioFlyer is going instead. To Bill Moore.

Mendocino
06-13-2009, 05:14 PM
I'll be running Bill Moore. Looks like Squishy! (the pick-up) is out of gas, totally out of gas mind you, and the registration is out by two months. Oops.:(

So looks like the RadioFlyer is going instead. To Bill Moore.

Cool, glad to have a certified Toyota mechanic...err, I mean your stellar company.:D

RedCreeper
06-13-2009, 05:46 PM
How tough is this trail? Never been on it and was interested if you guys have room for another.. Who's meeting where and what time? Sorry on my blackberry. Tough to read all the posts. Thanks.
Kenny

Mendocino
06-13-2009, 06:04 PM
How tough is this trail? Never been on it and was interested if you guys have room for another.. Who's meeting where and what time? Sorry on my blackberry. Tough to read all the posts. Thanks.
Kenny

This is not a difficult trail. You can read about it here (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=12). If you read post 1 in this thread I have been keeping the attendees list up to date. I'll add more specifics later.

wesintl
06-13-2009, 08:38 PM
good chance I'll bring the fam. Don't wait for me though. I'll raise you on the ham.

Mendocino
06-13-2009, 08:41 PM
good chance I'll bring the fam. Don't wait for me though. I'll raise you on the ham.

Roger roger.

RedCreeper
06-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks, Im going to try to make it but if you dont see or hear me dont wait up. What CB channel is everyone going to be on?

Kenny

Mendocino
06-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks, Im going to try to make it but if you dont see or hear me dont wait up. What CB channel is everyone going to be on?

Kenny

See the first post for comms info:)

jettaglxdriver
06-14-2009, 07:07 AM
I'm not going to try it unless the Jim C trail cleaning and lean drop carb adjustment does a miracle and fixes my truck.

Dr. Schlegs
06-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks Tch2fly, Mt. Drew, and Squishy,

I had a fun time. Next time we will have to remove my running boards, if I have not done it already.

Regards,
Kevin

Dr. Schlegs
06-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks Tch2fly, Mt. Drew, and Squishy,

I had a fun time. Next time we will have to remove my running boards, if I have not done it already.

Rzeppa
06-16-2009, 09:50 PM

It can be difficult until the snowdrifts melt some. Once they're gone it is fairly easy. Unless you choose optional rocks to break off your tail light. Ricardo made me do it!

At this time of year they may be deep or non-existent. I was on a June run up there a couple years ago where we spent several hours winching through one large drift only to come upon another one a little ways farther that was deeper, more off-camber and with no winch points.

Bullet point: It takes a screaming, running, foot-stomping, running tug to pull an armored 80 through a drift with a 40!

It is a beautiful trail and the reward is the lake itself, right around timberline, surrounded by snowcapped peaks and cols. With all the moisture we've had this year I would expect the wildflowers to be exceptional in about a month or so. I plan to lead this run on the weekend of our Rally.