PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day gift??

Caribou Sandstorm
06-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Ok, So my wife, Melinda, keeps asking me what I want for Father's day...I got the HAM for my birthday and feel like I really don't need anything..want?? well that is a different story..

With the entire house remodel coming in a whopping year's salary over budget, I don't have the funds to ask for the Kenwood DNX9140....

But I did see a campstove/oven at Costco yesterday for $149.00. I know we have all seen these before...Is this something that is on anyone's list of camping wants??? Do you think this is a waiste?? My wife says "You have too much crap and need to become more of a camping minimalist."

Do you all do gifts or just get to sleep in for 20 more minutes....haha

corsair23
06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Hmmmm...

Would you even use the stove? That would be my first question...

I'd say a nice card and spending the day on the trail with the family would be a good Father's Day present to me :D - It is nice having all of your family in the same state, relatively close, but it also means that Father's Day is rarely "my" day :hill:

Jacket
06-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I've arranged for myself to be camping near Ouray (with wife and kids and friends). That's pretty much the best present I could ask for. :camping:

wesintl
06-16-2009, 11:57 AM
you need a pit chair...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQvBczyrhg

Caribou Sandstorm
06-16-2009, 12:25 PM
That chair is the bomb!

DaveInDenver
06-16-2009, 12:39 PM
But I did see a campstove/oven at Costco yesterday for $149.00. I know we have all seen these before...Is this something that is on anyone's list of camping wants??? Do you think this is a waiste?? My wife says "You have too much crap and need to become more of a camping minimalist."
Not sure what you're talking about here, but I have a couple of camp stoves, backpacking stoves and what not. But the last couple of times out bike packing I've just used a penny stove, which is nothing more than the bottoms of a few beer cans and some alcohol...

Hulk
06-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Coleman stove (http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/category_main.asp?categoryid=2000)? Everyone needs at least three. I pick them up at garage sales for a couple of bucks each.