PDA

View Full Version : Home alarms

IanB
03-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Who is everyone using for home security in the Denver area? I want a monitored alarm system so the house is watched while I am out of town. :hill: :flamingo: :bowdown: :beer:

Uncle Ben
03-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Who is everyone using for home security in the Denver area? I want a monitored alarm system so the house is watched while I am out of town. :hill: :flamingo: :bowdown: :beer:

Smith & Wesson has protected my home and autos for years! :eek: :hill:

Hulk
03-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Call Dave Brown. He owned a home security company for years. I think his son still does this. He can hook you up.

Hants
03-23-2006, 09:36 AM
I've been looking at ADT (expensive and the local rep isn't very sophisticated :rolleyes: ), and GE (pretty slick features, monitoring is web-based and relatively inexpensive).

I've been told that Shell (yes, the oil company) also has a system worth checking out.

I'm down in the Springs area, so you probably have different reps up there.

Ric
03-25-2006, 11:03 AM
i use to work for ADT, and from what i can remember, ADT has 5 or 7 monitoring staions, that are linked together, in case "your" station goes down, it automaticaly switches over to the next monitoring station, atleast thats what they told us.
Brinks only has one monitoring station, again, thats what ADT told us.
9 out of 10 times all you really need is the sign in the front and back yard, most burglers will bypass your house for something easier. do your research. and go with what makes "you" feel safer.
another cheaper trick, if you have family or friends that have ADT, have them call ADT, and ask for more window stickers, they should just mail them some, and you can put them on your windows.... :D