PDA

View Full Version : PETA - no wonder no one takes them seriously

Hulk
06-18-2009, 05:37 PM
PETA Says No More Fly-Killing, Sends Obama a Humane Fly Catcher

article (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/06/peta-says-no-more-flykilling-sends-obama-a-humane-fly-catcher-.html)

What a bunch of idiots. Seriously. I wonder how they feel about killing bacteria when they get an infection.

corsair23
06-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Sheesh...And I thought the media's fawning over Obama's "heroic" killing of the fly was bad :lmao:

No fear though, I have reliable information that they determined that fly was in fact 28 days old and had at best only 2 days left to live...It was on its last legs so to speak :hill:

farnhamstj
06-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I'd like to see those folks to the Boundary Waters canoing. Watch them get covered in mosquito's and see how long they last without swatting.

cbmontgo
06-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. I don't even know what to say. What a bunch of pansies.

A friend of mine used to have a bumper sticker that read: "PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals". That always cracked me up.

ScaldedDog
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
So... I shouldn't have put the baby seal skin upholstery... in my Excursion?

:D

corsair23
06-18-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm doomed...

My almost 10 year old daughter AGREES with PETA on this...She actually told me all living things deserve to live and should be protected...She told me that if she were President the first thing she would do would be to protect all living things/ban hunting and take hunting rifles etc. away. We had a lonnnnnnng conversation over dinner on this :D - She was under the flawed impression that hunters could go up and shoot as many deer as they wanted...Where do they get these crazy ideas? :confused:

Mendocino
06-19-2009, 12:03 AM
...where Do They Get These Crazy Ideas? :confused:

Peta

corsair23
06-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Peta

Nope...She had never heard of PETA according to her...But she has apparently watched "Whale Wars (http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/)" on the Animal Planet :rolleyes:

DaveInDenver
06-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Where do they get these crazy ideas?
http://www.clicktrue.biz/files/news/old_television.jpg

http://classreport.org/usa/co/denver/shs/schoolpage.jpg

Red_Chili
06-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Nope...She had never heard of PETA according to her...But she has apparently watched "Whale Wars (http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/)" on the Animal Planet :rolleyes:
Come over for some BBQ antelope and she can admire the buck over my fireplace. We can talk about what would happen to the Wyoming ranchers and the beef supply if antelope weren't managed like they are. Then we can talk about how few deer were in North America a century ago, while now there are more than there were in precolumbian North America - traceable to wildlife management, dependent on hunters.

You'd be amazed what kinds of things are stuffed into their lovely little heads. Gotta keep engaging them in conversation. Questions work better than diatribes...

dang it... :lmao:

Tch2fly
06-19-2009, 10:26 AM
http://www.clicktrue.biz/files/news/old_television.jpg

http://classreport.org/usa/co/denver/shs/schoolpage.jpg
:rolleyes:
Certainly approapriate to discount the tremendous amount of GOOD information and ideas that come from those places.
Is this meant to indicate all other media is pure as the driven snow??
There is plenty of bad information that comes from everywhere, you can't hide from it and you shouldn't ignore it.
Parents need to face it head on and provide kids with appropriate filtering and dialog.
(no reflection on you or your parenting skills jeff :D )

DaveInDenver
06-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Is this meant to indicate all other media is pure as the driven snow??
Ha! Nah, just couldn't find a newspaper graphic. FYI, that's Denver South High School, just so credit goes where it needs to.

Those were meant in a metaphorical sense. But while you can and people do learn a lot in school and in the regular media outlets, that pales in comparison to the constant barrage of misinformation and convention wisdom, not to mention distortion, spin and intellectually vacant drivel, that comes from everywhere anymore.

But seriously flip through all those channels one day with an eye towards level headed, thoughtful, honest commentary or content. It's sad, you get celebrity gossip, screaming talking head blow hards and completely useless pop culture (thinking reality shows and brain dead sitcoms). It all seems designed to keep us unthinking morons.

BTW, who the hell are John and Kate and why the hell should I care about them?

I Wanna Destroy You
by the Soft Boys (covered by many)

I wanna destroy you
I wanna destroy you
I wanna destroy you
I wanna destroy you

I feel it coming on again
Just like it did before
They feed your pride with boredom
And they lead you off to war

The way we treat each other
Really makes me feel ill
'Cause if you wanna fight
Then you're just dying to get killed

I wanna destroy you
I wanna destroy you
I wanna destroy you
I wanna destroy you

A pox upon the media
And everything you read
They tell you your opinions
And they're very good indeed

I wanna destroy you

And when I have destroyed you
I'll come pickin' at your bones
And you won't have a single atom
Left to call your own

I wanna destroy you
I wanna destroy you
Wanna destroy you
Wanna destroy you
Wanna destroy you

LARGEONE
06-19-2009, 11:22 AM
It should be spelled PITA.

Beater
06-19-2009, 11:31 AM
let's not forget that the stealing of habitat for the carnivores that roamed this land mass caused this in the first place, along with paying for the death of said carnivores. However, people can't live in peace right next door to said carnivore, and that's a problem as well. People will displace wildlife, just as voracious plant species will displace a less voracious one.

PETA has a place, just as Rush Limbaugh does. I personaly don't think either should be around, but they do have the right to be... I also find them equally "silly" in the monty python way

j

cbmontgo
06-19-2009, 12:33 PM
My question to the fly lovers is as follows:

When you get in your Prius and drive down the highway, you probably run over (and fatally wound) ants, grasshoppers, and other small critters on the road. Your windshield probably smashes (and fatally wounds) another 5 or 6 flies and bugs while you bitch on your cell phone about Obama's swatting of the fly. These flies have rights too, and I hope that one day their children can even vote.

Life must really be a sobfest and for that, I am truly sorry.

Over and out.

Red_Chili
06-19-2009, 12:34 PM
...However, people can't live in peace right next door to said carnivore, and that's a problem as well. ...

Well, I've really TRIED to be a good neighbor, really I have... I do try to target my carnivorous drives carefully... and my neighbor says he can live in peace next to me...

I do have this sudden urge to barbeque juicy animal flesh though....ahhhhhh....

DaveInDenver
06-19-2009, 12:40 PM

nuclearlemon
06-19-2009, 12:54 PM
So... I shouldn't have put the baby seal skin upholstery... in my Excursion?

:D

that depends. did you kill them humanely or club them?:hill:

Tch2fly
06-19-2009, 02:00 PM

Thank you:thumb:

The irony of that post made my day:D

DaveInDenver
06-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Thank you:thumb:

The irony of that post made my day:D
Hey I'm a man of the proletariat. I also will occasionally imbibe upon the common man's opiates. Say what you will, even we amongst the elite enjoy beer and pretzels. I suppose in the end we're all just human, call them guilty pleasures. ;-)

nakman
06-19-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm suddenly remembering "meat night." :drool:

Crash
06-19-2009, 10:10 PM
We of the Rising Sun all believe it is, or should be, our right to recreate on Public Lands do we not? Yes, we do and a certain amount of our club membership dues go to paying for the defense of those rights, as we wish to see them defended. How many TLCA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, Tread Lightly, COHVCO, etc, etc, etc, members are there in totality? I don't have any idea but I did read today that there are 20 million PETA members in the world. Doubtful that all 20 mil think that killing a fly is in bad form, but a bunch of them do, I'd bet, and I'm envious of the clout their association has, $$$ and media wise. I don't agree with the general platform PETA espouses but how can you argue with a volunteer organization that claims 20 million members and is very proactive with their causes? Maybe there is something to be learned from them?

Dr. Schlegs
06-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Don't they hear the baby carrots scream when their mothers are pulled from the ground?

Oh and Micheal Stip from REM was hit by a Prius. Karma you have to love it.

Hulk
06-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Love this:

mike 303
06-22-2009, 06:33 PM
[B]What a bunch of idiots. Seriously. I wonder how they feel about killing bacteria when they get an infection.

This!

However I understand some things have to be stood up for, or we may loose it forever. But seriously?? These guys are a major pain in a lot of peoples asses