PDA

View Full Version : Green Diamond Tires?

mike 303
06-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Anyone ever heard of, or used these tires before?

They're eco friendly (recycled) and the design is supppppper sick imo. They come from the same mold as the Yokohoma Geolanders from what I understand.

The fact that they're like studded tires that you can run all year long is pretty impressive.... The only TRUE All Terrain tires on the market that I know of....

I'm looking to get the Icelander M/T's for my Taco, curious if anybody else has a history with them?

http://www.greendiamondtire.com/

Hulk
06-22-2009, 05:03 PM
They sound cool. Not too many sizes available yet. What's a C/T designation mean?

nakman
06-22-2009, 05:09 PM
I would guess "cross terrain," ie somewhere between the AT and the MT. That's my marketingspeak interpretation, at least.

mike 303
06-22-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm under the impression that the C/T is cross terrain, meaning a mix between a A/T and M/T? A true 4 season tire?

That's just what I'm guessing.... Trying to do a bunch of research and see what people who have purchased them say about it. ( =

I do know that they've produced well over 100,000 of these guys and I can't find a complaint 1 at all concerning these shoes.

However I noticed the price has gone up.... They were originally $150 a tire, now they're $200 a pop.

And the size restrictions are a bit discouraging, although I have read that larger sizes may become available before this winter.

mike 303
06-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Oh and these tires have been in America for 10 years from what I've read. It also sounds like the owner of the company, or a major share holder resides in our beautiful state.

jacdaw
06-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Big-O is a dealer so getting personal with one could be possible, assuming they stock them.

ScaldedDog
06-22-2009, 11:12 PM
$200 for a retread? Not my $200.

Mark

jacdaw
06-22-2009, 11:45 PM
$200 for a retread? Not my $200.

MarkFrom what I can tell, they are not retreads. The rubber appears to be recycled. The tires are molded/vulcanized just like virgin rubber tires. Seems like maybe a good choice for passenger car use.

nope, I reread it. I humbly retract that.

Nay
06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
They are definitely retreads. There are plenty of four season winter traction tires - Nokian has been making them for years. The use of silica compounds is nearly universal in "performance" winter tires, although not as larger granules, the idea being the compounds doesn't "freeze" in colder temps and lose traction as is often suffered by high treadlife all season tires.

There are plenty of four season all terrain tires out there, including tires in the MT class like Trxus, which absolutely rock in Colorado winter conditions, from icy hardpack to blizzard depths.

MDH33
06-23-2009, 11:10 AM
I had a set of these on my Minitruck when I bought it. They are retreads and they cracked and I had one go flat long before they were worn out, unfortunately. I would not use retreads.