PDA

View Full Version : Seat belt

FJBRADY
06-24-2009, 12:40 PM
While on Spring Creek this weekend, in the 40, the passenger side seat belt retracted and will not unlock.

Any salvage yard recommendations for a replacement? The seat and belt are out of 92 Honda Prelude if that matters.

jacdaw
06-24-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't know the south side very well. If the belts are not integrated into the seats, come on up to the Yota Yard on Walnut, a bit east of Coors Field.

jacdaw
06-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Haven't been here yet, but they are super nice on the phone and email.

Jimís Used Toyota Truck Parts (http://jimsgotparts.com/?page_id=9)
4210 Jackson Street
Denver, Colorado 80216
Hours M-F 9-5 Sat 9-3
303-506-5119

FJBRADY
06-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks, John....I will check it out. BTW the belt is not attached to the seat.

corsair23
06-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks, John....I will check it out. BTW the belt is not attached to the seat.

Aftermarket new? I'm thinking if the belt is separate from the seat then that opens up your options to go with whatever you choose. I've got a set of CCOT aftermarket 3pt belts somewhere around the house destined to go into my 40 that you could check to see if would work before springing for a set.

Or, just hit any of the salvage yards along Santa Fe and find something that works. I can remember any of the names so I can't recommend one over the other. There is also that big place just south of 470 and west of Santa Fe but I can't recall if they sell piece parts or just entire cars....

FJBRADY
06-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Aftermarket new? I'm thinking if the belt is separate from the seat then that opens up your options to go with whatever you choose. I've got a set of CCOT aftermarket 3pt belts somewhere around the house destined to go into my 40 that you could check to see if would work before springing for a set.

Or, just hit any of the salvage yards along Santa Fe and find something that works. I can remember any of the names so I can't recommend one over the other. There is also that big place just south of 470 and west of Santa Fe but I can't recall if they sell piece parts or just entire cars....

Thanks, Jeff. If you can find the set you have around the house I would like to check that out :cool:

I know the salvage yards along Sante Fe.....driven past never stopped in. Geesh I might just have to get my hands dirty:rolleyes:

corsair23
06-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks, Jeff. If you can find the set you have around the house I would like to check that out :cool:

I'll look for them and let you know :thumb: