PDA

View Full Version : Independence Trail System Sat July 4th - W CLC

isotel
06-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Any Interest in the RS guys to run Indy?

I am the only one thus far, and wont drop in there alone! ;)

We can Run Liberty In and then back out, this is a pretty fun run, Lots of big rocks, but body damage is not too highly likely, I did it on 35's a few years back.
or for the Brave ones in the group, we could head up Patriot.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado-land-cruisers/290697-independence-trail-system-sat-july-4th.html

Last Years Photos (We Ran the Hardest Section)
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=360426908&albumId=796974

Wild Rice??? I here you need to be Broken in ;)

Air Randy
06-24-2009, 04:50 PM
I might be interested. Whats the minimum rig capabilities in order to run this?

Uncle Ben
06-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Maybe....little close to BHCC to risk it but the desire is there....

isotel
06-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Liberty - Minimum i would say is 35's Two Lockers. and any spare parts/tools that you think could break. Mtn Trucker Your truck looks plenty Capable

Post up a message in the CLC Forum if your thinking about heading down! This is a Killer Trail its one big Rock Garden!!

Id love to wheel with ya Kev, Bring that sucker down.. Liberty is EZ ;)

Hulk
06-30-2009, 07:28 PM
How do you think a double locked 80 on 35s would do?

I might be available, now that our camping trip has been called off due to my wife's knee surgery.

Air Randy
07-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Whats the latest plan for this trip? Anyone else going to go? I just got my
H41 installed so I'm ready to try out my new crawler first gear.

Uncle Ben
07-03-2009, 12:32 PM
How do you think a double locked 80 on 35s would do?

I might be available, now that our camping trip has been called off due to my wife's knee surgery.

Matt, your 40 would be a challenge but doable. Your 80 would not look the same when you were done!

isotel
07-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Sorry The details where posted up in the CLC Thread,

We ended up running Liberty, The Patriot Exit is Now Near Impossible - Like 2 XRRA Racers had to winch after multiple attempts.

Liberty would be Challenging for an FJ80.. Some Diff hangers, and Tight areas with Brush and Small trees is all you have to worry about, i think it would be a Great trail for an 80..

Don Hawkings- CLC Member Who Bought FJBens Old White 80 has run Liberty with it a few times, He also used to live like 5 minutes from that trail and ran it every weekend when it opened up!

Uncle Ben
07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Trev. Lets set up another Penrose run for late July or Early August! Right now I'm busting butt to get WR ready to flog in SD. It won't have new paint but is close! Still need to make a rock plate to protect the rocks from the Orian but I'm going to make it! Built some spare links last night and need to finish gathering parts for a spare rear drive shaft but SD here we come! Speaking of this anyone have a stock rear 80 drive shaft around? Just need the slip yoke/UJ/Flange end....

isotel
07-09-2009, 03:27 PM
right on! Have fun out there! im looking forward to finally seeing some photos of this beast! :cool: