PDA

View Full Version : truck bed hi-lift mounting

Beater
06-27-2009, 09:29 AM
ok - I know we don't have too many truck people here, but I would like to hear of some bed mounted hi-lift stories.

I now use the bed for sleeping and hauling, so it will have to go on the side. I currently have the factory bed-liner in, which I have a love-hate relationship with. I love the easy to clean part, hate the way it fits and the fact that I can't use the board mounts in the bed.

Suggestions?

don't forget that I have a topper, so that rules out the bed rails, unless I have the same space on both.

j

DaveInDenver
06-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Does your bed liner cover the bottom and under side edges of the bed rails?

I carry my Hi-Lift most of the winter inside the bed hanging under the driver's side rail and I obviously have the WilderNest to contend with. But I don't have a bed liner to deal with. This would work since mine only bolts to the flat side of the rail, but depending on how the liner slopes under or whatever the jack may not hang right. It's a snug fit around the wheel well and I have to point the loop thing at the top down.

Nothing more than two pieces of flat stock about 6" long, maybe an inch wide. Drilled a 1/2" hole in one side and a 1/4" in the other. The larger I put a bolt through, run a nut to hold it tight and then a wing nut to hold the jack. The 1/4" bolts are located on the bed rail flange so that the 1/2" bolts line up with a couple of holes in the jack bar. Might have been 30 minutes of work to make them like 5 years ago.

For the Rubithon last year Terry helped me by making mounts for the ARB, since the downside of hanging the jack in the bed is that it's a pain to get at when packed full back there.

I will snap some photos, but I could swing by sometime with a sixer one evening you have free.

You can kinda see how it works here, sorta. It's hanging on the left side there.

http://wildernest.armbrusterweb.com/page4/files/page4_3.jpg

Beater
06-27-2009, 10:37 AM
yeah, the whole get to it when you need it is lending me to put it on the bumper up front in the summer... I already have to holes left from the damage multiplier that was on the truck when I got it.

j

TIMZTOY
06-27-2009, 07:08 PM
this isnt my truck, but its close to what ill be mounting when i get around to it..

DaveInDenver
06-27-2009, 07:14 PM
yeah, the whole get to it when you need it is lending me to put it on the bumper up front in the summer...
Of course with the soft topper it might not be as much pain to get at compared to a regular hard sided topper. Well, at least slightly less anyway. It does stay way way cleaner inside the bed rather out leading the way, which for something that's used once in a while is pretty nice. That and it's less likely to get stolen.