PDA

View Full Version : New wheels for on road driving!

Caribou Sandstorm
06-29-2009, 06:52 PM
I am stoked and in trouble all at the same time..These are gun metal and discontinued, were only for TRD SE models..pretty cool stuff.

http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/photos/577612110_9Qccr-M.jpg

Hulk
06-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Wow, those are really bling, in the best way possible. Love the color. I am envious by a lot.

Caribou Sandstorm
06-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks Matt, I have wanted these since I bought the car.

Toyota dropped the hammer on the dealers and would not let them sell to the genreal FJcruiser folks, have to give your Vin and blood sample that you own a TRD model..Then they discontinued...

1K is generous considering guys are talking about selling for much more on the forum.

I have to sell our Volvo wagon and need to spruce up the FJ for everyday driving. Putting the factory tires on these for running around town.

ttubb
07-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Chris, what size are they? Terry

BTW - Have the FJC here now (same color as yours) and just ordered the sliders from Cruiser Dan. T

Caribou Sandstorm
07-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Hi Terry,

How's your 40 and Crested Butte?

The wheels are standard 16x8. I don't think they make them in 17s.

I really like the Toyota sliders, they are very durable.

Not sure if you are going to get bumpers but I am partial to the ARB for front and I have done a bit of research on the back ones offered. I like the Expedition for rear bumper, you have to wait for it but it is worth it. The Co. is located in Utah.

The FjCruiser forum has a want to sell section and a wheels and tires section, great info. Any mod you want to do, that forum has already done it, done it well and has step by step instructions..really helpful.

I wish we lived closer, I need to do my snorkel and I would love some tips. I bought the snorkel last fall and have not had the nerve to drill the whole yet....

Give me a shout if you have any mod questions...Three zero three, eight eight one, six six three zero.

Mountain Drew
07-03-2009, 02:45 PM
I love those wheels as well!:D From the moment I saw them I wanted them on my car! I bought some silver ones and powdercoated them black... I'm bummed I was able to buy them already like that. When I got mine you could only get the silver ones.

It will make your FJC look pretty fly! :cool:

Caribou Sandstorm
07-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks Drew, your set up looks sweet!

Mine came today and my day's plans quickly turned into to a run to the storage for the stock tires and then straight to Firestone..

Here are few pics from my cell phone, which by the way are not that bad quality wise for a cell phone...Man do these tires look smallcompared to my
33s

http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/photos/581421535_PUTHD-M.jpg
http://chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com/photos/581421562_EqWjC-M.jpg

ttubb
07-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Chris, that really looks cool!

Still driving the 40 "wounded" but I think I will get the fender ordered soon and have it painted in Tucson. I have to make a trip down there in Sept. then come back up so I will likely get it fixed this fall.

Still looking at bumpers for the FJ. Happy 4th. T

Mountain Drew
07-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Those Look awesome! I vote you have them on all the time! ;) I have not scratched them yet! :D!