PDA

View Full Version : definitive rally 2009 volunteer thread

nuclearlemon
07-02-2009, 04:52 PM
ok, in addition to getting the word out on the streets and the forums, here's where you can sign up to volunteer to work the actual day, august 8th. please post times that you can help.

we will need people for traffic control (ie, routing folks)
registration
sell raffle tickets (if we have a raffle, but so far no vendors have responded back to me)
teardown (around 2:30-3pm)
setup (plan on 8am)

i will be there all day handling coordination crap.

jacdaw
07-02-2009, 04:59 PM
I have stuck almost all the fliers UB gave me on trucks in Boulder County. I'll grab more from him later. I'm available all day for the rally, so put me on any job that needs doing.

Tch2fly
07-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Plan on me to help with set-up. :thumb:
I may be double booked that day so I am not sure how long I can stay but I will help with teardown if I am available

Dr. Schlegs
07-03-2009, 12:27 AM
I droped flyers off at GO Toyota on Arapahoe Rd in Centennial. I talked to Tim Robinson (who is the parts marketing guy 303-792-2000). He was very interested. He has a new tent for GO Toyota and wants to use it. We talked about maybe having a couple of the beefy rigs there. He went on to report they have a lot of OEM rims and tires in the backroom from people that have swaped out to aftermarket gear, and he has a Tacoma Topper that needs to go. I talked to him about raffling some of that stuff off, and handing out some trinkits, sales material, donation to trails (photo op). He reported he would call you but, it might be good to give him a ring as I did not have a number or email to give to him to make direct contact with you. He was going to look you up via the forum.

I am more than happy to do set-up and breakdown. I will be happy to help in any other ways, but I do want to look for some parts for the 40.

Dr. Schlegs
07-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Have we reached out to Yoda Jims or Classic Cruisers? This would be a good place to get some more exposure and they are in the business of Toy Parts.

Mendocino
07-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Ige,
I will be available for the entire day.

I think Ann and the kids will be there to help too.

RicardoJM
07-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Ige, I'm good for setup. I'd also like to gun for Jeff Z. on the Bill Moore run.

nuclearlemon
07-27-2009, 11:07 AM
getting close...bump

bigbluefj
07-27-2009, 01:04 PM
So i will be booking my plane flight to night so that mean's i'll be there and can help out as needed..

Kevin

treerootCO
07-27-2009, 01:07 PM
I'll be there all day, but you knew that...

MDH33
07-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm going to try to re-arrange my schedule that weekend so that I can attend and help out. :thumb:

nick in nebraska
07-27-2009, 01:58 PM
ige.I am planning on making the trek from the flat lands for the 8th. Will pitch in where ever i can. I am bringing my new wife to be. She was bumming about not making it to Moab(next year!!! hope hope) so i was wondering is there anybody making a run after the rally? Maybe a overnight? Long drive and want to make the best of it. ;-) I am hoping to bring the 40 behind the 60.
Nick

Uncle Ben
07-27-2009, 02:39 PM
I am getting some time interference with the Rally. I might not be able to be there very long if at all but I will have the water secured and accounted for.

nuclearlemon
07-27-2009, 03:11 PM
I am getting some time interference with the Rally. I might not be able to be there very long if at all but I will have the water secured and accounted for.

didn't you have scheduling issues last year too:rolleyes:

nuclearlemon
07-27-2009, 03:12 PM
ige.I am planning on making the trek from the flat lands for the 8th. Will pitch in where ever i can. I am bringing my new wife to be. She was bumming about not making it to Moab(next year!!! hope hope) so i was wondering is there anybody making a run after the rally? Maybe a overnight? Long drive and want to make the best of it. ;-) I am hoping to bring the 40 behind the 60.
Nick

we will be runnign trails on sunday. bill moore on the mild side, and chinamans for a bit more challenge

nick in nebraska
07-27-2009, 03:40 PM
thanks
i looked around and found the info for the bill moore run but no talk on chinamans.
see ya sat. the 8th!

nuclearlemon
07-27-2009, 04:31 PM
thanks
i looked around and found the info for the bill moore run but no talk on chinamans.
see ya sat. the 8th!

yeah, dan's still kind of secretive on his run ;)

RicardoJM
07-27-2009, 04:36 PM
yeah, dan's still kind of secretive on his run ;)

Dan has no secrets (at least that I know) about his run. Here is the link (http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=10429) to the details. It is a sticky thread, if you can't find it give Deano a call and he'll give you a forums tutorial:lmao:.

Uncle Ben
07-27-2009, 05:21 PM
didn't you have scheduling issues last year too:rolleyes:

Yup....and I sorta made it work anyway so hopefully I can do the same this year!

vielehr
07-29-2009, 09:19 AM
I probably can't get there until 9ish or so, but I can help out with some setup or raffle tickets or whatever.