PDA

View Full Version : Need a part, quick!!

ScaldedDog
07-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I noticed tonight that I'm missing the bolt that holds the transfer case crossmember to the t-case mount. (The big one whose head points down when underneath the vehicle. Does anyone have an extra t-case mount laying around?

I'm planning to go wheeling this weekend, so I'm in a bit of a rush...

Thanks!

Mark
tree-oh-tree eight-oh-nine-sevin-oh-seven-four

kvanoort
07-09-2009, 08:47 PM
What year and model do you need the part for?

ScaldedDog
07-09-2009, 09:10 PM
It's an '88, but I *think* they used the same part of lots of years.

Mark

ScaldedDog
07-09-2009, 09:47 PM
So the bolt I'm after actually doesn't hold the t-case to the cross-member. Rather, it holds the two metal pieces of the stock t-case mount together. It's the gold bolt in the photo below, though I don't need the nut.

https://www.4wdfactory.com/store/product_images/e/t_case_mount_600__11961.jpg

Without it, they are only connected with the two rubber pieces. Since I have dual cases that put a lot of torque on the t-case mounts, I probably ought to replace it before I go wheeling.

Mark

J Kimmel
07-09-2009, 10:56 PM
always last minute eh Mark ;)

you can have the one off of mine if you can't find one in time...trucks still broken and can't seem to get anyone to ship new brackets in a reasonable time frame to fix it (and I am lazy too).

AxleIke
07-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I have one off of my 87. What is the best way to get it to you?

ScaldedDog
07-10-2009, 11:14 PM
always last minute eh Mark ;)

you can have the one off of mine if you can't find one in time...trucks still broken and can't seem to get anyone to ship new brackets in a reasonable time frame to fix it (and I am lazy too).

Oh man... I've been wondering what was up with you. Anytime you want to bring your rig down to fill those shocks, you're welcome to.

I have one off of my 87. What is the best way to get it to you?

Thanks man. I found a bolt at Ace that will get me through the weekend. If I can't find a mount closer than Boulder, perhaps I'll swing by,

Thanks all!

Mark