PDA

View Full Version : Need a stock 3.4L crossover pipe

Red_Chili
07-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Pretty self explanatory. My motor is a '96 but I don't think they changed much.

My custom crossover was wrapped in heat tape by the builder... yep, it has gotten HOT HOT HOT and the steel has thinned to the point of failure. Gonna go back to stock, do a slice and dice, and make a mirror image of Dr. Toyoda's best.

Gonna fix the custom one in the meantime (and lose the heat tape) but we shall see how long that lasts.

I will check with Irbis tomorrow, but thought I would ask around.

Beater
07-13-2009, 07:35 AM
jim at jims got parts has a pile of them. That's where I got mine. OR - you could have mine if you help me swap it out..... oh and they did change. there are two different bolt patterns on the right side.

Which is yours?

j

Red_Chili
07-13-2009, 09:40 AM
The other one...

Red_Chili
07-13-2009, 09:41 AM
:lmao:
Left yourself wide open on that.
Hmmm, t'would certainly be worth the trip to Jim's, crossover in hand, to find a match!
Thanks,

Red_Chili
07-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh, and yep I can help. Not for a little while, but sometime in August or toward the end of this month?

I doubt there are many similarities between our trucks though, aside from the 6 nuts and studs holding the thing on. Before the 1" body lift, removing the crossover meant pulling the motor or dropping the tranny!! I am SOOOOOO glad I did that.

ATLR
07-13-2009, 01:43 PM
I have a few of them, what year??

Red_Chili
07-13-2009, 02:35 PM
'96 (only the manifold mating surfaces need match. If they match I am good). I need the forwardmost section of the exhaust too (just the two-into-one, nothing behind that). Jim indeed has them and will part with one most reasonably. Wouldn't mind seeing your place though Jesse!

4runner luv
07-13-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm putting headers on my '96 4runner within the next few weeks. You can have the stock crossover assuming everything works out with my install.

Red_Chili
07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks, I may take it... for a backup! Serious. Hacking up this thing may go well, may go badly, dunno. Might could use the flanges too.

Got one at Yoda Jim's. It was the only one he had that didn't have a truck attached.

I will have to build a jig for sure. I see the mounting plates are at a ***slight*** angle, so I need to preserve that. I won't get this done for the weekend but it will be a clean solution long term for sure. In the mean time I welded up the crossover I am running so I should be good to go for the Wheelers for the Wounded run Saturday.