PDA

View Full Version : Cool TV

Maddmatt
07-15-2009, 11:39 AM
I haven't had the time to hang around here much lately, but saw this posted at work and new some of you guys would appreciate it. I work with some pretty creative people - if I needed another TV for a rec room or something I would be all over this one. I don't know the guy, but he's here in Boulder if somebody is interested.

!HIPSTER ALERT! Old School / New School TV + DVD -- $146
So a few years back when "how flat is YOUR flat screen" was all the rage, I decided to flip it. I bought a classic old console TV (RCA "Space Command"), ripped the guts out, and put in a brand new flat glass Sanyo SDTV . Additionally, I taped off and spray painted my DVD player walnut brown to match.

You get both pieces. E-mail: dmurphy@cpbgroup.com / danielqmurphy@yahoo.com

$146

About the TV:
- Screen Size 27"
- Remote Control
- Resolution 480 Horizontal Lines
INPUTS
- RF Antenna In
- Component Video Input Rear
- S-Video In Rear
- Composite Video Input Rear
- Audio Line In Rear
- Audio Line Out
- (There are some AVI inputs in the front that you can't get to any longer.)

About the DVD Player :
- Philips DVP642 DVD
- Plays DVD-Video, video CD, audio CD, JPEG image CD, and CDs loaded with MP3s
- Plays video data files burned to CD/DVD - MPEG-4, DivX, AVI, others
- Progressive-scan output for seamless, flicker-free images
- Optical and coaxial digital-audio terminals pass Dolby Digital and DTS surround signals
- PAL-to-NTSC format conversion--great for viewing non-region-encoded European discs

theboomboom
07-15-2009, 12:22 PM
My great grandma has a tv like that, didn't bother swapping internals when she upgraded though, just plopped the LCD on top of it :hill:

Hulk
07-21-2009, 12:35 AM
That's pretty cool. Now it should be cut and widened to accept a 16x9 screen. :D