(864) 414-0563

Razorback Ramble
June 2009, Superlift ORV Park, Hot Springs, Arkansas
TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by the Razorback Land Cruisers
Contact: Tim White (479) 331-0222 or Gary Clough (501) 912-4524

21st Annual Rubithon
June 17-21, 2009, Rubicon Trail, California
TLCA Hosted Event
Contact: Tony Twiddy, (707) 431-0604, or Rubithon@tlca.org , or TCTwiddy@comcast.net

PMC Swap Meet
July 11, 2009, Petaluma, California
Hosted by Pacific Mountain Cruisers

Coal Mine Cruiser Classic
July 2009, Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, Joliet, PA
TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by the Gotham City Land Cruisers

Black Hills Cruiser Classic
July 2009, Black Hills, South Dakota
TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Dakota Territory Cruisers

McGrew Trail Ride
July 25, 2009, O’Brien, Oregon
TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Pacific Mountain Cruisers

Rising Sun Rally
August 2009, Jefferson County Stadiums, Lakewood, Colorado

Tall Corn Cruiser Classic
September 4-6, 2009, 15 miles south of Knoxville, Iowa (off Highway 5)
TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Tall Corn Cruisers

Cruisin’ The Woods 2009
September 29, 2009, Brown’s Camp, Oregon
TLCA Open Event hosted by Cascade Cruisers

Toyota Taconite Trailride
September 2009, Gilbert OHV Park, Gilbert, Minnesota
A TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by MNTOYX4’S
Contact: Carl Kerssen: bossman@foreveryourtattoos.com or (612) 670-2893

Get Flat Nasty with Tornado Alley Cruisers
October 2009, Flat Nasty ORP, Salem, Missouri
TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Tornado Alley Cruisers

Southern Cruiser Crawl
October 16-18, 2009, Gray Rock ORV Park, Gardendale, Alabama
TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by the CottonLand Cruisers
Contact: Jeff Murrah, (601) 954-9558 or info@cottonlandcrusiers.com

Non-Sanctioned Events

Calico Clean Up 2009
February 2009, Yermo, California

7th Annual Bakersfield Land Cruiser Rally
April 18, 2009, Kern River Parkway, Bakersfield, California

5th Annual Cruiser Days
July 2009, Deas Island Regional Park, Delta, B.C., Canada
Hosted by Coastal Cruisers

FJ45 Run
August 2009, Deer Valley, California

6th Annual Fall Crawl
October 2009, Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Joliet, Pennsylvania
Hosted by Bay To Blue Ridge Cruisers
Contact: John Embrey, (540) 850-6248 or jmembrey@comcast.net

8th Annual Surf N Turf
November 2009, Pismo Beach, California

nakman
07-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Matt don't forget our inagural pilgrimage to Flat Nasty... was that 2006?

And I'll toss out a vote for the Lone Star Roundup in March.

Red_Chili
07-21-2009, 11:00 AM
+1 Texas. Clo$er by a long shot.

nakman
07-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Yeah but then again, isn't that Katemcy park closed now? Hopefully they'll find a new venue..

MDH33
07-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Any word on if there will be an Alaska Cruiser Trek in 2010? :cool:

rover67
07-21-2009, 11:52 AM
I'd be up for ACT 2010..

AxleIke
07-21-2009, 12:02 PM
I'd like to go to texas.

I'm so bummed about missing this years stuff.

I gotta get out there.

Jacket
07-21-2009, 01:44 PM
The pictures I've seen at Katemcy look really cool. A trip to Oregon would be fun, but damn that's a long way away....

Would the dates for Katemcy interfere with CM prep, pre-runs, last minute work, etc.?

Man Jerk
07-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Ya'll need to road trip to MN :)

Uncle Ben
07-21-2009, 03:29 PM
The pictures I've seen at Katemcy look really cool. A trip to Oregon would be fun, but damn that's a long way away....

Would the dates for Katemcy interfere with CM prep, pre-runs, last minute work, etc.?

Katamcy is no more! :( :bawl: :rant:

Hulk
07-21-2009, 03:48 PM
It's tough to do events so close to Cruise Moab. Anyone know about the McGrew Trail Ride
July 25, 2009, O’Brien, Oregon?

bh4rnnr
07-21-2009, 05:35 PM
I still vote for a trip to Baja:cool:

Would like to try and make the road trip next year, will have to see though with talks of a two week extensive tour of the Swell and a probable trip to Germany next June, as it would be fun to check out the biggest off road show in Europe:blah:

nuclearlemon
07-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Katemcy is officially closed and butch has said he's done with the roundup, but the kruse's who ran katemcy were trying to get neighboring land and open the park again and if they do, butch is kind of a pushover, i bet he'd do it.;)

definitely glad i went. the wheeling wasn't pretty, but it was one helluva party!

Rock Dog
07-21-2009, 06:59 PM
I think the "Cruisin’ The Woods 2010" would be cool, but kinda late in the year for those with Kids... The Cascade Cruisers have sure suported CM over the years....

Romer
07-21-2009, 08:06 PM
If they get Tellico re-opened, GSMTR might be fun. Helluva drive though

Red_Chili
07-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Enough of a drive to be a deal breaker for me...

PabloCruise
07-22-2009, 12:08 PM
How 'bout Surf N Turf - Pismo?

Looks like fun.

It would be a drive....

Beachboy
07-22-2009, 10:54 PM
If an Alaska trip ever comes up, I'm in.

nuclearlemon
07-22-2009, 11:45 PM
How 'bout Surf N Turf - Pismo?

Looks like fun.

It would be a drive....

pismo's on the chopping block too:( not sure how long it will be "open"

Hulk
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
There has been some discussion floating around recently concerning the 2010 RS Road Trip.

The idea has been to plan an expedition-style trip rather than trying to attend a TLCA event. It could be a 5-7 day journey off to Idaho or Montana or ______. We could revive the idea of the group dinners as we did on the Rubithon 2008 trip.

Mmmm, meat night. :D

What do you guys think? It could be a blast.

Uncle Ben
10-19-2009, 11:08 PM
There has been some discussion floating around recently concerning the 2010 RS Road Trip.

The idea has been to plan an expedition-style trip rather than trying to attend a TLCA event. It could be a 5-7 day journey off to Idaho or Montana or ______. We could revive the idea of the group dinners as we did on the Rubithon 2008 trip.

hmmmmmmmmm.....:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::kevin::robbie::camping::campfire::beer2:

Mendocino
10-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Count me in.:)

nuclearlemon
10-19-2009, 11:22 PM
definitely sounds interesting.

fwiw, was talking to the miklos' from the state association and they said barnwell mountain was a blast (they didn't do a cruiser event, but wheeled a jeep event there). i wouldn't do roundup again, even knowing the kruse's had new land. that whole area is ugly. no trees that are worth a crap, it's hot, big ugly rolling rocks. just not a pretty area. the party was a blast, but i 'spect that them texicans would have close to the same party at barnwell.

nakman
10-19-2009, 11:25 PM
definitely interested in meat night. :camping:

Romer
10-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Sounds great to me. Could be "Rising Suns 2010 road trip to nowhere and back"

rover67
10-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I'd def. dig it since I had to bail on the outlaws run..

Jacket
10-20-2009, 09:39 AM
I love the idea. Too bad it's mid-summer time - I'd could really go for an extended trip into the Maze district. I'm not familiar with what's available in the northern Rockies, but I definitely like the thought of it.

We have also discussed hitting up Farmington, NM in the past. Not really expedition terrain, but another option to consider.

Caribou Sandstorm
10-20-2009, 10:02 AM
I have been thinking about this a ton, lately....

What about a Jackson Wyoming/Teton/Yellowstone National park run...East to West or West to East? Mix in some road and off road trails with seeing old faithful, a boat load of elk, Moose, bear or two....

The west side of Yellowstone dumps you into Idaho and the east side dumps you into Cody Wyoming..

I actually did a really cool off road route from Laramie Wyoming along the Continental Divide to Steamboat last summer with the Trail Teams. I have the complete route. It might be cool to do this route opposite so that you end up in Laramie and then head to Jackson.. Camp, see the town, then head into the park for more camping, see old faithful..great Toyota 4x4 photo opp...then head out of Yellowstone over teton pass and into offroad country..Just free writing ideas at this point....

http://usparklodging.com/yellowstone/images/5_senic.jpg

Teton National Park has 2 gravel roads, one goes along the Snake River on the West bank..

Of course there are no off road trails in the parks but plenty just outside the parks on either side...

timmbuck2
10-20-2009, 10:20 AM
I love the idea of an expedition to nowhere...

Hulk
10-20-2009, 10:38 AM
It might be cool to do this route opposite so that you end up in Laramie and then head to Jackson.. Camp, see the town, then head into the park for more camping, see old faithful..great Toyota 4x4 photo opp...then head out of Yellowstone over teton pass and into offroad country.

Chris, the thing I like about this idea is that it's very family friendly. Wheeling + sight seeing = lots of family fun. We really enjoyed the SD trip this last summer.

Caribou Sandstorm
10-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I was thinking the same thing. If this ends up being the run, we could have an off day in Jackson and folks could horseback, mtn bike, fishing, hiking, shopping.. A cornicopia of activities to keep peace with our families and still incorporate a 4x4 gathering and an excuse for Ken to use his new trailer....

Here is a website I found for Wyoming off road trails.. Actually I am not sure if it is that good of a reference and Trail Damage only has the two trails I did last summer along Medicine Bow mtn range.

I have a call into this program director just to ask some Q.s

http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/ORV/index.asp

DaveInDenver
10-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Having a vague destination and minimal need for rock crawling, my sort of trip!

Dean and I did a long-week trip a couple of years ago that was a lot of fun. Denver to Grand Canyon via southern Utah. We called it the Big Hole Tour because of all the canyons at which we stopped.

Denver to Goblin Valley, Goblin Valley to Capitol Reef, through Kodachrome Basin, Bryce and Zion, down to the North Rim. We detoured around the Grand Canyon to Sedona and then back up through Four Corners and Black Canyon. We had a few spots to stop in mind but for the most part each morning we opened a map and decided where to go and how to get there.

Big Hole Tour (http://armbrusterweb.com/tripsfolder/longtripsfolder/grancanyonfolder/grandcanyonpage.html)

I would only suggest that if you intend to hit up developed commercial campgrounds and stops, you need to think about group size. We had 3 trucks with us and that is often about the limit, because of spot size or policy. It would be difficult to accommodate a group of 10 trucks in most National Park campgrounds, if not impossible to get space even with reservations.

Uncle Ben
10-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Having a vague destination and minimal need for rock crawling, my sort of trip!.

We only have 5 days Dave! You think you could make it 100 miles in that amount of time? :eek: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::bolt:

DaveInDenver
10-20-2009, 03:21 PM
We only have 5 days Dave! You think you could make it 100 miles in that amount of time? :eek: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::bolt:
LOL! A trip that covers 100 miles in 4 days (http://armbrusterweb.com/tripsfolder/biketripsfolder/wrtsept07folder/wrtsept07page.html) is just about right. Yeah my truck is really, really slow. Meh, whatcha gonna do?

But you know, it DOES often take us a week to make it to Telluride and back (http://armbrusterweb.com/tripsfolder/longtripsfolder/swcofolder/swcopage.html) or Vernal and back (http://armbrusterweb.com/tripsfolder/longtripsfolder/dinosaurfolder/dinosaurpage.html).

Rotorgeek
10-25-2009, 08:58 AM
i Love The Idea Of An Expedition To Nowhere...

+1:woot:
Sounds like fun.

Inukshuk
10-26-2009, 11:14 AM

We just finished doing that exact thing. Outlaws Run 09 was a huge success. Pics and trip reports to follow. And I can tell you all about WY backroads.

bh4rnnr
10-26-2009, 12:45 PM

I'd be happy to show you guys around. Montana is another place i've been eyeballing. Kid Curry had a hide out near Landusky.

MDH33
10-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Having a vague destination and minimal need for rock crawling, my sort of trip!

Dean and I did a long-week trip a couple of years ago that was a lot of fun. Denver to Grand Canyon via southern Utah. We called it the Big Hole Tour because of all the canyons at which we stopped.

Denver to Goblin Valley, Goblin Valley to Capitol Reef, through Kodachrome Basin, Bryce and Zion, down to the North Rim. We detoured around the Grand Canyon to Sedona and then back up through Four Corners and Black Canyon. We had a few spots to stop in mind but for the most part each morning we opened a map and decided where to go and how to get there.

Big Hole Tour (http://armbrusterweb.com/tripsfolder/longtripsfolder/grancanyonfolder/grandcanyonpage.html)

I would only suggest that if you intend to hit up developed commercial campgrounds and stops, you need to think about group size. We had 3 trucks with us and that is often about the limit, because of spot size or policy. It would be difficult to accommodate a group of 10 trucks in most National Park campgrounds, if not impossible to get space even with reservations.

Looks like a great trip Dave. I'm planning on something similar this summer too. I'll probably skip the RS road trip just because of the group size.

Romer
10-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Looks like a great trip Dave. I'm planning on something similar this summer too. I'll probably skip the RS road trip just because of the group size.

What, and miss italian night and a showing of Monty Python and the Holy Graille?

DaveInDenver
10-28-2009, 10:58 AM
There are couple of different trails or roads I would have changed knowing what I do now, but mostly this trip is probably one our top 3 best ever.

MDH33
10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
What, and miss italian night and a showing of Monty Python and the Holy Graille?

Hmmm.. That does sound tempting. :D

TIMZTOY
10-29-2009, 12:16 AM
When is it ?

jacdaw
10-29-2009, 01:34 AM
When is it ?Depends entirely upon whether we tag along on an existing event or adopt the new idea of an RS trip to nowhere. An idea I like very much. I'm in favor of more WY...or NV anywhere north of Tonopah. That is some very gorgeous territory that few people explore. And it is unspoiled by vandalism like much of NM and AZ have become. For some reason the ruins and ghost towns in NV are pristine. Shhh, don't tell anyone!:whisper::thumb: