PDA

View Full Version : Datel power meter wiring

nakman
07-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Jeff, as will quickly be revealed, I'm no PE, no EE, but you can print this out if you run out of TP. However here's a basic wiring diagram for your Datel power meter, and how to hook that up to either two batteries, or if just one battery leave off the second green wire.

Just put a small fuse real close to your battery, and don't make it any harder than it needs to be... :D

corsair23
07-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Just put a small fuse real close to your battery, and don't make it any harder than it needs to be... :D

Ha!! By now you all know that I ALWAYS make things harder than they need be and tend to WAY over think things :hill: - On the plus side of the ledger though, the 80's rear brakes are done with shiny new parts (except anti-squeal shims since they are backordered till the 28th) and it actually stops and doesn't make noise :rolleyes:. I've finally decided to live with being slow and to just be happy that I did it and did it right (most of the time anyway :lmao:)

Thanks for the schematic! I stand a chance of a succesful install now :cool:

nakman
07-23-2009, 10:22 PM
So, d'ja get it hooked up? :confused:

RicardoJM
07-23-2009, 10:26 PM
So, d'ja get it hooked up? :confused:

If he didn't, he can blame it on me. I took him away from the project for a few minutes tonight when I stopped by. :D

nakman
07-23-2009, 10:37 PM
:rant:

corsair23
07-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Nope...But not Ricardo's fault...

I'm just S L O W, and didn't think about how small those connectors are on the switch...Didn't have connectors small enough to fit and Radio Shack ain't open at 1am :hill: - Could have soldered the wires to the switch but that is a tight fit and my soldering skillz leave a little to be desire...

Ricardo...I realized later that I never did have a small section of coax :( - My coax from my CB antenna was not long enough to reach the CB so I had to add a section and I used that with the SWR meter...Probably part of my crappy CB range issues :)