PDA

View Full Version : Buying meat in bulk?

Boulder Cruiser
07-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Any of you guys raw feed your dogs or just buy meat in bulk? We started feeding are dogs raw but we've just been getting the meat at Walmart. Right now we're spending about the same amount as we would be buying are normal "Taste of the wild" Kibble (IIRC $50-60 for a 30pnd bag). I know we can save alot by buying in bulk straight from the supplier. Any suggestions on were to go??

Red_Chili
07-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Wyoming. It comes in kit form. Self propelled. It'll make your dogs a LOT faster and its a bunch more fun to go 'shopping' for it with a .300WSM.

Uncle Ben
07-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Wyoming. It comes in kit form. Self propelled. It'll make your dogs a LOT faster and its a bunch more fun to go 'shopping' for it with a .300WSM.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::thumb::thumb::bowdown::bill:

Jacket
07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I have a friend who is the first member of her family to escape their Nebraska ranch. But we've been buying into a cow every year with her that comes from her ranch. Hormone free and all the other goodies.

It's around $400-500 for a 1/4 cow, which usually comes out to about 200lbs of beef in the form of a lot of hamburger, quite a few roasts, cube steak, and some T bone and sirloin cuts. So I guess that's about $2.50 / lb for some pretty nice beef - the grade that usually goes to restaurants. Too good for a dog? Maybe...

Red_Chili
07-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Depends on the dog.