PDA

View Full Version : Wiper's on top ?

L43dean
07-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Hello and happy monday ! What year did TOTOTA move the windscreen wiper motor to the bottom of the windscreen frame ? Thank You in advance. Dean

RicardoJM
07-27-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't have the answer, but can tell you they are on the top on my 71. IIRC they are still on the top in MtnTrucker's 74. I know they are on the bottom in Subzali's 77. I'm sure before the day is done, we can nail down the year and maybe even the month. :D

wesintl
07-27-2009, 12:20 PM
'75... I don't know the month.. maybe 1/75 or 10/74. It was the same time as the change to ambi doors, 2f, larger turn signals. etc.

nuclearlemon
07-27-2009, 12:41 PM
1975 model year.

subzali
07-27-2009, 02:19 PM
I found this: http://www.cruiserfaq.com/15-01.php << click on this link

And if you check here there is a ton more info on 40 series Cruisers (more pleasure reading for you Deano :) ): http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/13205-%2A%2A%2A-f-q-%2A%2A%2A-frequently-%2A%2A-asked-%2A%2A-questions-%2A%2A%2A-f-q-%2A%2A%2A-updated-24-apr-09-a.html << click on this link to IH8MUD FJ40 section Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :D :thumb:

Good to see you're using putting your computer to good use! :thumb:

L43dean
07-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Thank You Matt, I appriciate this machine and am having fun. Thanks for suffering through my posts everybody. Do you all think I should cut grind sand carefully(without overheating) the un-wanted tubes on my 75'>later roll cage? Or return/sell it? thanks! Deano/L43dean/goofy old guy w/new computer.

MDH33
07-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Thank You Matt, I appriciate this machine and am having fun. Thanks for suffering through my posts everybody. Do you all think I should cut grind sand carefully(without overheating) the un-wanted tubes on my 75'>later roll cage? Or return/sell it? thanks! Deano/L43dean/goofy old guy w/new computer.

I would think you could find a stock rollbar that will work with your windshield, Dean. It might take some searching, but if you're patient, I bet you'll find one. I have a '78 rollbar in my '73. The later rollbars have the integrated shoulder belt parts mounted to the bar rather than the tub and hardtop. Works great with the OEM soft top. :thumb:

FJ_Mark
07-27-2009, 10:35 PM
The 75 is an oddball size motor and cover. The later 76 and up motor will not fit under a 75 cover.

subzali
07-28-2009, 06:35 AM
What dean has is a stock roll bar from the Yota Yard (there's another post somewhere) that someone welded some front pieces onto to extend it forward and form an A pillar. However, it's designed to fit a later model 40 with the wiper motor at the bottom of the windshield, on the outside and his is an earlier model with the wiper motor high on the inside.

Hey Dean - what does the A piller look like on that roll bar? Is it just a straight bar going down to the floor pan? Is it tied across the "dashboard" to the other side? Is there any bracing that angles up from the bottom of the A pillar to the B pillar? I work in Aurora, so if you'll be home at all today/this evening I might be able to swing by with a camera and take some pics - it might help you get some interest in it from somebody who may be willing to swap. I would be interested in a straight-up trade except I'm in the middle of some other projects right now and don't really have time to mess with it - plus I just put my hard top on yesterday and don't really feel like taking it back off to fit this other roll bar in...

My suggestion: unless you need to install this ASAP, I would sit on it and keep looking for a different roll bar and I'm sure eventually someone will be interested in this "cage" bar.