PDA

View Full Version : Perrys GTR09 Pics

bh4rnnr
07-27-2009, 08:39 PM
My pictures from the weekend festives.

I will say that it was sure fun traveling over Hancock at night, watching the new moon rise to the west, lots of stars to. Thanks for the company Marco.

Onto the pics:beer::beer:

1) Some wildflowers I came across during my wondering atop Hancock
2) More of those flowers
3) An old mining road I folowed to the end
4) Looking east over Hancock
5) Hancock Pass

bh4rnnr
07-27-2009, 08:44 PM
More:

1) A shortly loved mine shaft
2) Looking down on the late group and Hancock Pass
3) More views from my wonderings
4) A small alpine pond I came across
5) More great views

bh4rnnr
07-27-2009, 08:49 PM

1) The full group at Hancock
2) Looking west towards Tomichi
3) Looking back up to Hancock
4) Nathaniel leads the group down
5) Terry soaking in the views

:beer::beer:

bh4rnnr
07-27-2009, 09:05 PM

1) Making our way to Tomichi
2) Lunch on the back side of Tomichi
3) Bruce and Trey on the back side of the second pass, just spaced out the name
4) Jeff and Marco on our afternoon adventure
5) Soaking it all in

bh4rnnr
07-27-2009, 09:11 PM

1) Camp saturday night after the potluck
2) Matt on the Pallisades, in route to the Alpine Tunnel
3) Wildflowers at the Tunnel
4) Colorado Columbines and the Alpine Tunnel House
5) Better view of the stage stop

bh4rnnr
07-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Last bunch

1) Some good views
2) Marco explains how the turntable works to Allison and Mead
3) Poser shot
4) Back over Hancock
5) Looking east again from Hancock

subzali
07-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Perry, some of those shots are simply amazing! Very nice work! I love your poster by the way, thanks again and I'll have to get it framed sometime!

corsair23
07-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Awesome pics Perry :thumb:

Hulk
07-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Perry, do you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements? I made two adjustments to the last one you posted and now the colors pop a bit more.

Original:
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=13884&stc=1&d=1248747686

Adjusted:

bh4rnnr
07-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Perry, do you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements? I made two adjustments to the last one you posted and now the colors pop a bit more.

Original:
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=13884&stc=1&d=1248747686

Adjusted:

Matt, I do have photshop, but I dont use it on my images. Guess you can say i'm old fashioned. Thanks for the thought though:cheers:

Subzali, glad you enjoyed the poster! And thanks for the compliments on the pics:thumb:

wesintl
07-28-2009, 09:36 AM
nice perry

rover67
07-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for all the pics Perry, they look good!!

ttubb
07-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Perry, first off I really enjoyed your company on the Saturday run. Anyone who has the opportunity to have Perry ride along will certainly benefit from the experience!

Second, you have a great talent for photography. I really like your composition on many of the shots. Thanks for being an essential part of our group. :cheers: Terry

RedCreeper
07-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Perry,
It was nice meeting you and thanks for the poster, its awsome. Great talking shop with you at the camp fire Sat night also. Great shots. Would love to get out and shoot with ya sometime. If you any of my TTFJC let me know could use some for the scrap book.

Terry, If you can photo shop my wife out of the background of the shot of Perry she would love ya. haha. SHHHHHHHHHH don't tell her she is in the PIC and all is good. Great Time. See ya on the trail.

Kenny

Jacket
07-28-2009, 10:34 AM
I do have photshop, but I dont use it on my images. Guess you can say i'm old fashioned. Thanks for the thought though:cheers:

I started a thread a few months ago on Expo about this very topic. Especially as it relates to landscape photography, I asked what an "acceptable" level of image manipulation was before the image actually becomes distorted and no longer represents the original vision.

Of course the responses were all over the map, but most felt like photography as an art medium meant that there were no rules, practices or accepted levels in the industry. I guess I sit somewhere in the middle depending on the intent of the photographer, but I continue to struggle with the reality that many pictures don't turn out like what you remember seeing with the naked eye.

Sorry for the minor hijack - thanks for sharing your pics Perry. They're fantastic!

ttubb
07-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Terry, If you can photo shop my wife out of the background of the shot of Perry she would love ya.
Kenny

I'm not that good! It is just luck that I got Perry in the picture! T

treerootCO
07-28-2009, 11:17 AM

Original:

Adjusted:

1/350 shutter speed
200/10 with a 30 focal length
f 95/10?
Meter Mode '2' - Center-weighted

You use Photoshop Elements to resize the picture for the web though.

Perry shot that using his 7D in metering mode '2'. 2 = Center weighted so it averaged the shot based on the trees on the horizon.

Direct TTL metering; 14-segment honeycomb-pattern metering, Center-weighted metering, Spot metering

bh4rnnr
07-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Ok, this is the last bunch. Posted them under the original thread but figured I should keep everything together.

1) Root making the hairpin turn on the west side of Hancock
2) Kenny's turn on the turn
3) My only pic of Tims great adventure

Thanks all for the compliments, means alot:cheers:

Terry, it was a pleasure riding in that fine machine of yours. And i'm sure glad I could be of assistance during the run.

Root, yes I did use Photoshop on my pics, only to resize them. I have nothing agains people messing with there pics, I guess it's something that just doesnt set well with me, personal preff I guess.

corsair23
07-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Perry,

That last pic of Nakman certainly does justice to the predicament he was in :thumb:

Red_Chili
07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
a) Just how in the world did Tim end up like that???!?
b) How long did it take to get the stains out of the driver's seat?

nakman
07-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, that pic feels a little more like it... Bill you need to read the other thread for all the details, including the recovery.

sweet pics as always Perry! :beer:

wesintl
07-29-2009, 03:15 PM
I thought you got sketchy a little further up where that big rock kind slid down a little.. How did you get off the edge there?

corsair23
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Yeah, that pic feels a little more like it... Bill you need to read the other thread for all the details, including the recovery.

sweet pics as always Perry! :beer:

I keep saying to myself, "I'd ski that slope"...:D

Someone has to have gotten out their protractor by now to measure the slope...Come on, cough it up :hill:

corsair23
07-29-2009, 05:12 PM
I thought you got sketchy a little further up where that big rock kind slid down a little.. How did you get off the edge there?

I'm not positive, but I think this is the rock that I tossed down the hill. I believe it kicked Tim to the right just enough that once he got in that loose stuff there was no coming back without help :o

The ground along the edge is seriously unstable, as anyone that tried to just walk over there can attest to. A couple thousands pounds of vehicle over there is bad ju-ju...

In hindsight I should have saved the rock and stuck it in the back of Nakari's 80 for him :hill:

wesintl
07-29-2009, 05:22 PM
LoL not that little thing. I'm talking about the big one on the left up past the tree just behind that truck that is right above tim's. That's where i though he went off because you have to go further to the right edge to squeeze around it.