PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Toy minitruck SA parts

Red_Chili
08-31-2005, 04:12 PM
I need spindles and hubs (not the locking ones, the cast steel parts in which are found wheel bearings...) from a 1981-1985 solid axle Toy minitruck 4x4.

Got another project in the works. Boneyards want $30 EACH (!) for the spindles, and $35 each for the hubs. Those are the BEST prices I can find. I would sure like to beat that.

Guess I could steal them from my son's never-completed solid axle swap since he is unlikely to need them for a year, but he might get a little irritated at me.

So if you have some and feel generous, think of it as keeping family peace...:p due to a dad with a larcenous heart...

wesintl
09-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Boneyards want $30 EACH (!) for the spindles, and $35 each for the hubs. Those are the BEST prices I can find. I would sure like to beat that.

I guess I don't frequent any of the yards you do... :eek:

Usually the prices you mention above I get quoted for a pair.

Try: http://www.pullnsave.com/partspricelist.htm Last time I was there they had a cruiser and a solid axle mini. Problem is they crush stuff up quickly :mad: and you have to pay a dollar to go see if they have anything. :(

Kipper
09-01-2005, 03:43 PM
That doesn't seem too bad for a spindle, but then again I once paid $220 for a spindle at a dealership. I didn't know a damn thing about cruisers and a wheel bearing blew up on me driving the new rig down the road, i was desparate for parts because it was my ride to school, bought the spindle and bearings from the Dallas stealership and rebuilt the front end in the wal-mart parking lot. live and learn. I joined the cruiser club the next day. :D

Red_Chili
09-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Found the parts I need, for about 1/2 quoted above. Thanks all.