PDA

View Full Version : Leaky sunroof

Red_Chili
08-03-2009, 03:01 PM
The sunroof install on the replacement body I bought for the Chili was really well done... part of the reason I liked it.

However, the dadgum seal is going away on the sunroof. Like, the other day in a hard rain, there was a STREAM of water coming in.

Got a quote from John's Sunroofs of north of $500 to replace it. They do a nice job but I have med bills to take care of. I have done sunroof installs with more or less decent success, but the headliner is the tricky part and I am only batting .500 on that.

Options?

I can get an SFC sunroof for $169 on the web. I just don't see how to get the headliner looking good. Anybody with mad skilz wanna help, for beer?

Beater
08-03-2009, 06:50 PM
bill - another thing you and I are in the same boat with. John's sunroof botched the repair on mine (electrics, not install) and I have to say I don't know that I trust them anymore. Just fyi, I think the business has been sold more than once, with the name the same. Guy that ran it COULDN'T have been in that business for as long as they've been open

I can't open mine at all due to module failure. They couldn't get the right one, and lost my old module!!!!!! I had to still pay the initial "diag" fee. NOT cool.

So, maybe a sunroof party, and a exhaust crossover party?

Red_Chili
08-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Sure. Gotta build a jig for the crossover, I have the stocker. First though, I have to swap diffs and get Neil's back to him. And replace a compressor and a couple relays and put in the real horns and fuse the batteries and put in the speakers that are sitting in the box to replace the ones that blew and... and...

Red_Chili
08-04-2009, 01:44 PM
I will say that the guy at John's (he did indeed buy the biz quite a while ago) is HIGHLY skilled at clear bra application. He could do what others could not on the front of the Chili. Compound curves.