PDA

View Full Version : Hobart Handler 175/Chop Saw/Self Darkening helmet FS

chtucker
08-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Here we go:

Complete Welding set up.. $550 pretty firm

VERY VERY little use on a Hobart 175 handler (MIG).. Will weld up to 3/8" When I say little use, I mean 15 minutes... I quickly realized that I needed to step up to a 210. I was using it on my snow plow equipment. Was used with flux core wire. But regulator is included to run it on gas. I have the manual somewhere.. but is online in case I can't find it.

With enough skill, the proper wire and gas this thing can weld aluminum and stainless... not as good as TIG, but it will make it stick together.

Super duper (friggin expensive) 50' extension cord... I have probably $250 into this cord... no lie. 6 guage SO cord with the proper plugs for the welder. Was made so I could go out and work on the plows. Also handy for running into your laundry room 220 outlet for your dryer... You don't need to rewire your house, just use your dryer outlet.

Auto darkening Hobart welding helmet... I have spare covers for it.
One roll of solid wire, unopened.

TWO guns... Murdochs screwed up when I bought it... It was a display model and they sent to guns

Hitachi chop saw... chops well.. Almost killed me once when I was doing something stupid and the blade shattered... I have NO love for this machine, but it works great.. I went to a plasma cutter after my near death experience.

I bought a bigger welder a long time ago, but figured I could use this... I don't... The 210 is on wheels and this thing is heavy...

Unit will be dusted off prior to sale.. Its been on the shelf...
http://chtucker.home.bresnan.net/Photo_073109_004.jpg
http://chtucker.home.bresnan.net/Photo_073109_003.jpg

Give me a call with ?s 970 four zero six 1374

chtucker
08-03-2009, 02:26 PM
I am headed to Denver on Tuesday, I can deliver in the Denver Boulder area.

Shark Bait
08-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Just called. Dibs on this. :) I'm checking with the boss now.

Air Randy
08-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Your garage is awfully small though, you should keep it down at my place, I'll take good care of it for you.

Uncle Ben
08-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Nice score Chris! :thumb::thumb:

Mendocino
08-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I have the same welder and it works great:thumb::thumb:. Dump the flux core and go with gas. I have welded 1/4" plate with no issues. All in all this is a good deal. Those helmets and the cord are really expensive.

subzali
08-04-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm second in line if Chris doesn't get approval!

chtucker
08-04-2009, 08:10 AM
No problem! Thanks fellows. I don't need cash right away, but I do want to get it sold... If someone is willing to wait till I come down from the hills, I will deliver it to your door...

Howard

chtucker
08-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Sold to Chris... delivery this weekend... Anyone want to buy a Honda Civic?