PDA

View Full Version : Does it bother anyone else...

LARGEONE
08-03-2009, 10:00 PM
that the new Cash for Clunkers Toyota commercial shows a 60 series Land Cruiser getting crushed?

I think it's just WAY WRONG!:mad:

Mendocino
08-03-2009, 10:14 PM
that the new Cash for Clunkers Toyota commercial shows a 60 series Land Cruiser getting crushed?

I think it's just WAY WRONG!:mad:

Paul, it really annoys me; but not as much as the C4C program. We have had a nice discussion here. (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?p=114441&posted=1#post114441)

LARGEONE
08-03-2009, 10:26 PM
I just saw your attempt at solving simultaneous equations over on the other Obamatime thread!!!

So, how many Land Cruisers across the country will see their absolute death due to this program? Sucks that they have to crush them...that really pisses me off.

Vitesse_6
08-03-2009, 10:36 PM
I dont think anyone could misconstrue a LC a fuel efficient vehicle, I dont see what the uproar is all about, Its all over mud, Or was a few days ago.
Its simply a commercial, Not a very good rendition of a 60 series I might add.
If they really wanted to get clunkers off the road they would go for the real clunkers and older vehicles, The program did what it was suppose to do, Drive the economy and bail out the auto industry to some degree.
Just my opinion :)

ElliottB
08-03-2009, 11:20 PM
The vehicle in the commercial looks like a cross between a 2 door full-size bronco and an FJ62. If I had something like that, I sure as heck wouldn't crush it.

jettaglxdriver
08-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Well considering they ran out of cash for the program in the first week that might be the end of it.