PDA

View Full Version : Dorman Products EZ Oil Drain Plug...

corsair23
08-07-2009, 12:33 PM
For all those that do their own oil changes...Have you ever heard of or see one of these?

Seems pretty trick - Would have to save at least a minute or two on oil changes right :).

Only concern I could see using this is not being able to check the magnet for metal shavings but in 2 years of oil changes on the 80 and LX I have yet to see any metal shavings...Also, obviously it hangs down more than a stock drain plug would.

Look to be about $10 online give or take...Just happened to come across this while searching for something else...Catalog Page (https://www.dormanproducts.com/catalog/hardware2006/071-076_Sec3_Part8.pdf) for part # if interested - Part # for 80-series is 092-003

Air Randy
08-07-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't have that brand but I do have a quick drain plug on my Dodge. It has a little spring loaded lever you move a quarter turn to drain. No way for it to get accidentally opened and you dont have to worry about any more drips from the drain plug or stripped threads.

nuclearlemon
08-07-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't have that brand but I do have a quick drain plug on my Dodge. It has a little spring loaded lever you move a quarter turn to drain. No way for it to get accidentally opened and you dont have to worry about any more drips from the drain plug or stripped threads.

that's a fumoto valve. they've been around for about 20 years. handy little buggers. i still have one from my old sbc in my toolbox

nakman
08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't be concerned about it hanging down lower.. I mean if your oil pan was against a rock that tall & pokey how in the world did you get your front axle over it? And how did it get past your driveshaft and draglink? But I dunno if I'd get one, personally I would miss the hot oil on the hand, and the devious thrill of flipping around and reusing the old gasket.. :lmao: