PDA

View Full Version : 4Runner build tip. 35s fit well. 37s don't.

leiniesred
08-07-2009, 03:08 PM
35s are a good size for a first gen 4Runner.
Go bigger and things just don't fit real well!

I ran 35s with the ifs and had a good 'ol time. sas'd it and had even more fun.

I was cutting, plating, and bashing back my front inner fender to fit my new tires today and that's not real fun. The computer won't go back in the holes, the trim won't go back, and oops, the passenger door won't open.

Moving axles forward with leaf springs is a pain, becuse you need to move the stearing box forward too.

Everything was so easy with 35's! Go bigger and be prepared for major work.

FJBRADY
08-07-2009, 05:11 PM
You got new rubber......and I was looking forward to a Chinaman's trail report on bald tires.

4RunrFTW
08-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh, yeah. I've spent WAY too much time researching this one on pirate for my own good. Gonna end up moving my front axle forward 4" or so, and I'll probably shove the rear back a full 9" so I don't have to bob it. Then there's the firewall tub, the fender hack, and the relocate for everything that's in the way. Definitely time consuming. But hey, it's worth it in the end, right? :)

J Kimmel
08-08-2009, 07:58 AM
and you never called ?

;) I never bothered to clearance much with 37's, you'll be fine :)

Rubbin's RACIN'!

Cheese
08-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Maybe its the width, but with a stock IFS steering box location, FROR pitman and 4" springs, I run 37" MT/R's with only slight fender issues, nothing in the firewall.

If the truck ever gets back to the trail, I will give it some love with a trimming tool, but so far so good.