PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried these? Fiverfingers from Vibram

Rezarf
08-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Goofy lookin' but they look like they'd be uber comfortable. Anyone try them/own them? Looks like about as barefoot approach to footwear as you can get.

AxleIke
08-10-2009, 09:59 AM
My neighbor has several sets and absolutely loves them. I've talked to him about them several times, and he said that despite a few stubbed toes, they are extremely comfortable.

MDH33
08-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I met a guy hiking in them earlier this summer. Impressive, as it was a long, rocky trail. He said they were really comfortable and gave your legs a better workout. I'll stick to my heavy boots for trails, however. :)

subzali
08-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't think they have much padding - knew a girl in college that had them. So if you're walking on sidewalks (and I would think trails too) I would not think they're a good idea. Good way to break your feet down (arches).

I recommend Chaco footwear :)

Cheese
08-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Supposed to be good for running too, to stretch out and strengthen the other stabilizing muscles in the foot.

As a recovering fat guy, I like wearing soft shoes while running.

The people I know who have them love them and swear by them. I am debating getting a pair just to give it a go. So far, I love my Chacos too much to try anything else.

jettaglxdriver
08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I would almost worry about being punched by random people for wearing them in public. ;)

60wag
08-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I've seen people use them as an alternative to climbing shoes. Usually I'm open to new ideas but the separated toes defy the conventional wisdom of packing your foot in a tight shoe to create stability.

subzali
08-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Yep, I like my Miuras just fine ;)

Rezarf
08-10-2009, 04:07 PM
I would almost worry about being punched by random people for wearing them in public. ;)

Naw, I'd grab a finger between my toes and make them cry for mercy before they could get a chance. ;)

Besides the dork factor, I have to give them a go. Time Magazine gave them a best new invention award in 07 :eek::thumb:

wesintl
08-10-2009, 04:14 PM
A guy here at work has the KSO.. Damn if they aren't wierd looking but i'm sure he wouldn't wear them if they weren't comfortable.

TIMZTOY
08-10-2009, 07:35 PM
soft soled shoues are better for your back, wearing boots is not how the foot was suposed to move naturally.. ever notice how comfy its is to come home from a long day or work and the first thing you do is take off your boots and say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa much better..
when whering them you actually look at the ground more looking for stupid things that you might stub your feet on

im looking at buying these

http://www.moccasins.com/mens-moccasins/ankle-high-moccasin-boots/footskinsmenscowhidecanoesoleanklehighmoccasinboots.cfm

even thought about having the soles sprayed with line-x i contacted them and they said that they have a oproduct that would be perfect for it..:hill:

Rezarf
08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
I tried them on toady. I really liked them! They fit great, and really did feel like you were barefoot while walking on a rubber floor covered in felt.

However, at $82.50, I will wait for a sale. I would have jumped on them for half the price, but for basically a water shoe without a strap, I'll pass at $80+ :eek:

jettaglxdriver
08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
even expensive on amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_1_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=fivefingers+vibram&sprefix=fivefingers

TIMZTOY
08-11-2009, 04:53 PM
yea $80 seems high those leater ones i belive were only $96