PDA

View Full Version : WTB portable winch cradle for <$75

leiniesred
08-13-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm looking for a portable winch cradle for a plain old warn 8000m winch.
It is worth about 50-75 bux to me/my dad.

Sometimes called a "multi-mount," It lets you stick the winch into a standard 2" receiver. I guess I shouldn't have sold mine!

-Stephen
Three O three, eight O three dash forty-eight forty-eight.

Beater
08-13-2009, 01:21 PM
I think you can buy just the plate pre-drilled from places like HF and such, you can also get the pattern online from ARB.

I would get the HF tray, then weld it to a receiver, and then bend some handles to it.

corsair23
08-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I think you can buy just the plate pre-drilled from places like HF and such, you can also get the pattern online from ARB.

I would get the HF tray, then weld it to a receiver, and then bend some handles to it.

Hmmm...

I've got the old "cradle" that was on my 40...It mounted to the top of the frame rails and had the XD9000 mounted to it...

If you can make use of it based on John's suggestion, I'd sell it to you cheap if you can put it to good use...Figured someone with a 40 might want to buy it someday but I'm lousy at posting up stuff for sale :hill:

Red_Chili
08-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Sometimes called a "multi-mount," It lets you stick the winch into a standard 2" receiver. I guess I shouldn't have sold mine!

I think I sold it to you!

leiniesred
08-13-2009, 06:05 PM
huh! I thought I bought that thing new? what ever. Got another one, Bill?! Laughs!

leiniesred
08-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks Jeff, but it seems a shame to cut up something that a 40 guy could use.

corsair23
08-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks Jeff, but it seems a shame to cut up something that a 40 guy could use.

That's the beauty of it I think...No cutting required, just weld on the square tube (can you call it "tube" if it is square?) part that goes into the receiver and voila :D - If you are mounting up a Warn winch that can mounts feet down then the hole in the mount will even be predrilled for you :thumb:

No worries though, if you change your mind I'm sure it will still be in the garage next week or even a year from now :hill:

treerootCO
08-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Bought mine at HF 39.99 - Chinese quality, couldn't find an American option at the time...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=66409