PDA

View Full Version : toy hilux 4x4

nuclearlemon
08-13-2009, 08:00 PM
not mine.

many know dave from dirty toy school. well, he's decided to sell his little truck. here's the info he sent me. he's asking 22000

Classic 1981 Toyota 4WD pick up for sale.
This classic truck still has its original tan paint with factory labels. Virtually all of these trucks have major rust, but not this one. It has the usual dings and minor dents, but no rust. It is clean and tight.
The engine is the durable 22R. It has 150 to 160 psi of compression on all 4 cylinders. It has a new Weber carburetor with electric choke. A new yellowtop Optima battery has been added too.
The transmission has been upgraded to a Marlin Crawler 5 speed L52HD model. It has less than 1,000 miles on it. The clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, clutch master cylinder & slave cylinder were all replaced at the same time.
The transfer case was professionally clearanced and a 4:1 gear ratio gears were installed.
Both axles have been rebuilt with 4:88 gear ratios and ARB air actuated lockers. The front axle also received 30 spline Longfield alloy axle shafts, alloy hub gears, ARP knuckle studs and hub studs. Various axle gussets and diff armor have been added too.
There is a new 2” suspension lift from NW Offroad with greasable frame eyes and shackles. Cross-over steering was added along with an IFS steering box and PSC power steering. Long travel shock hoops, Bilstein shocks, and U-bolt flip kits can be found on both axles. This truck rides well and steers great.
The 5 factory wheels were sandblasted and painted a Terra Cotta color. There are 5 new BFG KM Mud Terrain tires with siping (33”x10.5”x15”).
Trailworks in Gallatin, TN fabricated a front winch bumper with integrated turn signals and recovery points, a custom rear step bumper with integrated recovery points, rock sliders to protect the rocker panels, and a dual roll bar and bed rack storage system. There is a lockable water-proof aluminum storage box in the bed that has been powdercoated.

The interior of this truck received a lot of attention. It has new ACC vinyl flooring, Corbeau “Moab” reclining seats, a Tuffy security console with locking compartments, a Cobra 25 CB (tuned and peaked), a Coverlay vinyl dash pad cover, new door and kick panels, and new seat belts. The rear window has been replaced with new factory glass from the dealer.

Recovery gear includes a new Superwinch X9 winch, a new 60” Hi Lift Extreme jack, and a new fully charged CO2 Powertank system.

This truck was purchased in Grand Junction, CO in March of 2008 and driven to Atlanta, GA where it remains.
It is stored indoors under cover.

Receipts will show that $27,000 was invested in this truck in 2008. The asking price is $22,000 obo.

The value is there and no lowball offers will be accepted. If the truck does not sell, it will be kept until the economy improves. This truck will not be cannibalized or parted out at this time.

The owner is Dave Logan, who also owns the 4WD School. www.4wdschool.com.

The truck was purchased for use in the Dirty Toy School events held in 2008. http://www.dirtytoyschool.com/

In many ways, this truck is ideal due to its narrow width, stable wheelbase, and carrying capacity for trail use and camping.

It drives well on the highway, but also crawls well on the trails. It is not extreme, it is a well-balanced professionally built vehicle.

This is not a project truck destined to sit on jack stands in a garage for years. It is a turn-key truck ready for fun.

bunch of pics here http://picasaweb.google.com/DirtyToySchool/Vintage1981ToyotaPickUp#

Squishy!
08-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Wow, it's a nice truck, but he'll be lucky to 10,000. no way it's worth 22,000... sorry, but mods don't make it worth as much as receipts show...

That said, it's way nice! I want mine about like that one.

Cool truck! :thumb:

MDH33
08-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Is that the rig from GJ that was posted for sale on here two years ago for $4000? I think it was one of the guys from Safari Ltd selling it. Very clean, wish I had jumped on it when I had the chance. Lot's of good mods, but 22K is a lot for a mini.

PatrolMan
08-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Sure looks like it, but I suppose it could be a different ride. Nice ride, but yeah, $22k is a boat-load of bills.