PDA

View Full Version : WTB fj40 4 speed drive shafts

MDH33
08-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Can't believe I didn't think to look for these at the rally... :rolleyes:

I am going to do a 4 speed swap in my 40 and the only parts I'm missing are the 4 speed drive shafts. (different flange size on the TC connection than 3 speed, and different length shaft).

If anyone has some, let me know. I believe the 4 speed and TC I have came out of a 78 FJ40.

I also have a bunch of FJ40 3 speed and FJ60 DS parts if anyone needs anything.

:thumb::beer:

Shark Bait
08-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Martin,

I have a spare you are welcome to use if you need it to get on the road. But I'd like one in return down the line.

MDH33
08-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks Chris, whatever I find, I'll probably have to cannibalize in order to make them work with my 3 speed diffs. I'm not sure if it will be less expensive to change the diff flanges, or have the 4 speed TC side flanges grafted onto the lengthened 3 speed shafts. (?)

RicardoJM
08-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Martin, I have the same situation with my 4 speed conversion. I'm going to replace the flanges on my diffs. Kurt at Cruiseroutfitters has them, here is the link (http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/lock_pinion_flanges.html).

MDH33
08-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Martin, I have the same situation with my 4 speed conversion. I'm going to replace the flanges on my diffs. Kurt at Cruiseroutfitters has them, here is the link (http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/lock_pinion_flanges.html).

Thanks Ricardo, those will be the ticket if I can find some good 4 speed shafts. Bolt on and go.

MDH33
08-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Bump.

Really in need now. My 3 speed rear DS just ate a U joint today, so if I could get some 4 speed shafts, I will jump right into my 4 speed conversion and not have to deal with repairing the 3 speed shaft.

Hope someone has some parts.

Thanks!

Rzeppa
08-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Bump.

Really in need now. My 3 speed rear DS just ate a U joint today, so if I could get some 4 speed shafts, I will jump right into my 4 speed conversion and not have to deal with repairing the 3 speed shaft.

Hope someone has some parts.

Thanks!

I have several, you are welcome to any that fit. Most of mine have 4 speed yokes. Bring your old one and we'll find you one that fits. Free to my good friend...

Shark Bait
08-19-2009, 07:02 PM
You can put a larger pattern drum on your t-case, too. Might be a little stronger. I have one if you want it. I'm around tonight but gone for around ten days starting tomorrow.

MDH33
08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks guys! I am leaving again for Ouray Friday but I'll get in touch soon when I have a few more free days as my ranger season starts to come to a close. :thumb:

timmbuck2
08-19-2009, 07:13 PM
I have several, you are welcome to any that fit. Most of mine have 4 speed yokes. Bring your old one and we'll find you one that fits. Free to my good friend...

ditto...come raid my stash