PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Vcv

theRash
08-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I believe its the vacuum control valve.. Anyone have this available. My newly broke one comes from a 79 FJ40. My mad skills (clumsiness) broke it...

If its not the vcv, I still need it and would love to be enlightened as to what is it.
Thanks,
Scott

cbmontgo
08-19-2009, 07:21 PM
I believe its the vacuum control valve.. Anyone have this available. My newly broke one comes from a 79 FJ40. My mad skills (clumsiness) broke it...

If its not the vcv, I still need it and would love to be enlightened as to what is it.
Thanks,
Scott

You can also re-glue it with super glue and it will be fine. Otherwise, IIRC, they are around $ 40-50 each through Toyota.

Beater
08-19-2009, 09:34 PM
what he said. If you want to reinforce the joint, mix in some baking soda with the superglue around the affected area.

:)

theRash
08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
awesome, thank you.

It certainly doesn't hurt to try super glue (and baking soda) first. If I mess it up, I'd replace it anyhow. So, I am right, it is the vcv?

Ok. broke something else, I have no clue what it would be or the consequences of breaking it. In this pic, its the hole on the manifold. Two vacuum hoses go into the circular piece in front of the carb. I assume its a sensor of some kind. Any help on this one will be greatly appreciated too.

cbmontgo
08-20-2009, 12:50 PM
awesome, thank you.

It certainly doesn't hurt to try super glue (and baking soda) first. If I mess it up, I'd replace it anyhow. So, I am right, it is the vcv?

Ok. broke something else, I have no clue what it would be or the consequences of breaking it. In this pic, its the hole on the manifold. Two vacuum hoses go into the circular piece in front of the carb. I assume its a sensor of some kind. Any help on this one will be greatly appreciated too.

I'm not sure what that other part is, but the original one you inquired about is indeed the VCV. I have replaced two of them on my FJ60 over the years through Toyota.