PDA

View Full Version : Cost to ship tires?

Air Randy
08-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Has anyone ever shipped tires before, like on Greyhound? Any idea what it costs?

corsair23
08-19-2009, 06:34 PM
No, but might be doing so here soon on some trailer tires...

I think Greyhound proves to be the least expensive route but least convenient (i.e. you have to drop them off at the depot and the buyer needs to pick them up there).

Seems like it is pretty common to ship tires via UPS or FedEx or DHL or even USPS. I'm assuming you are talking about your 37s...Not sure on something that size, my trailer tires are just little 13 inchers :hill:

I believe the deal with UPS and maybe FedEx is that you don't even have to box up the tires...Just slap a shipping label on them and call it good. The new tires I ordered for my popup from OH were shipped via UPS and strapped together with just a shipping label.

I came across this site during my search for information:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-wheels-tires/393510-how-properly-package-ship-tires-wheels.html

ScaldedDog
08-19-2009, 09:37 PM
freightquote.com. Don't bother with the web site, just get the number and call them. I shipped a set of 39.5" Rockers earlier this summer, and they were way less than anyone else I tried.

Mark

Hulk
08-19-2009, 09:40 PM
I shipped a set of 4 kitchen chairs via Greyhound. It was a good deal. I boxed them up carefully and wrapped them in foam, but I don't know that a box is a requirement.

Shark Bait
08-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I think you can pretty much slap a label on a tire and send it.

Air Randy
08-20-2009, 02:22 PM
freightquote.com. Don't bother with the web site, just get the number and call them. I shipped a set of 39.5" Rockers earlier this summer, and they were way less than anyone else I tried.

Mark

So how many tires did you ship (4? 5?) where did they go to and roughly how much did it cost?

theboomboom
08-20-2009, 03:59 PM
hey randy, i'm at work until 630. post up dims/weight and destination zip and i can get you a quote

ElliottB
08-20-2009, 04:02 PM
I think you can pretty much slap a label on a tire and send it.

Yep. Should cost anywhere from $15-$25 per tire.

ScaldedDog
08-20-2009, 10:50 PM
So how many tires did you ship (4? 5?) where did they go to and roughly how much did it cost?

4 tires to... Fresno? I can't remember. I wanna say it cost $170. Tires weighed 92lbs apiece.

Mark