PDA

View Full Version : #8 Qb

nakman
08-22-2009, 10:44 PM
So what's everyone think of Kyle Orton? I'm not so impressed.. yeah 200 yards in the first half is good, 178 yards passing? But he's missed a few easy ones, that's for sure.. I'll admit the offense is looking a lot better tonight than it was last weekend but I still wonder if Simms couldn't have done everything Orton's done tonight and then some.

who else is watching the game? :beer:

jettaglxdriver
08-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Watching it now. I don't think he is any worse than Cutler but has room to grow into the role. I do think our D is much better so far. If the O can figure out what they are doing we might be ok for a rebuild year.

Romer
08-22-2009, 11:54 PM
I have seen all I want to tonight

nuclearlemon
08-23-2009, 08:24 AM
just don't watch any national felon league games and you won't care about orton:D i decided to quit when the nfl let vick back.

jettaglxdriver
08-23-2009, 09:31 AM
So you don't watch the NBA, Major League Baseball, or the NHL they all have felons playing also. Kobe raped a woman, Baseball is loaded with felons also. I think no matter where you go your going to find felons that don't receive justice due to them and to stop watching a league because of that is a bit harsh. I could fully understand you not liking the Eagles for this but I don't see where the NFL has done any worse than the other sports in the past in letting him return. I personally think they should put him in a walled off football field with the same number of fight dogs he killed with sausages around his neck and his hands tied behind his back.

DaveInDenver
08-23-2009, 09:54 AM
To be fair Kobe was never convicted, the woman dropped the charges before trial. What felons are in baseball? I guess you could say Bonds, but he's never been convicted and that would be for steroid use. The NFL and the NBA do seem worse. NFL also has Dante Stallworth (30 days in jail for manslaughter? Kind of a joke), Plaxico Burress, Rae Carruth, Pacman Jones. But the baseball thing, the cheating of 'roids bothers me (is felony steroid use the same as murdering your pregnant girlfriend, like Carruth?) and substance abuse like Manny isn't uncommon. Actually ex-ball players do seem to have trouble, Darryl Strawberry and Caminiti with the cocaine or Negale's Colfax stupidity. The only active person in baseball that I can think of with a record is Tony LaRussa who got stopped for a DUI in spring training a year or two ago. NHL, was Patrick Roy convicted of abuse? Or was it determined that his wife just walked into doors a lot? Yeah, a lot of them aren't exactly guys I would hire to babysit. Some would be, Tony Gwynn and Todd Helton have always struck me as genuine nice guys.

As far as the Broncos, didn't see the game, so nothing on topic to add. :-/

jettaglxdriver
08-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Here is one NFL felon list I have found.

* Leonard Little - vehicular manslaughter/DUI
* Michael Irvin - felony drug possession
* Ray Lewis - obstruction of justice in a murder
* Plaxico - felony weapon possession (obviously, not active now but most not calling for a lifetime ban)
* Pacman Jones - technically a felon since he pled guilty to obstruction of an officer case in GA

Basketball... Jeff Benedict checked the backgrounds of 177 players from the 2001-2002 season and found 40% of them had been arrested for crimes ranging from rape to armed robbery to domestic violence

nuclearlemon
08-23-2009, 12:44 PM
So you don't watch the NBA, Major League Baseball, or the NHL

nope, nope and not often.

nuclearlemon
08-23-2009, 12:45 PM
To be fair Kobe was never convicted, -/

yeah, neither was oj the first time.:rolleyes:

it drives me crazy that people are willing to ignore the felonies and look upon these "stars" (i would like to extend this to include the media "stars") because of some useless talent.

wesintl
08-23-2009, 06:11 PM
So no one deserves a second chance once they serve time? They should be street bums so they can commit more crimes?

Anyway orton is no hall of fame qb. Maybe he can get the system down and be productive. I mean brad johnson won a superbowl certainly orton or someone else can win one without being a hall of fame qb.

DaveInDenver
08-23-2009, 06:46 PM
yeah, neither was oj the first time.:rolleyes:
Sure didn't look good, that's for sure. But since he wasn't convicted, he's really not a felon. I sure would hate to be called 'guilty' of something just because I was 'charged' and so fair's fair.
So no one deserves a second chance once they serve time? They should be street bums so they can commit more crimes?
When Vick got out of prison they were talking about this on the radio. Not sure what I think. I know that a lot of employers would fire you for committing a felony or not hire a felon. But I see the point that he was convicted and served his punishment, so it's the past. But does IMHO go towards character and a convicted felon does mean something. So I don't think Vick should necessarily have the same opportunities as someone who is not a felon. IOW, being banned from the NFL seems like a potential opportunity you lose if you commit a felony. I believe that your character does matter when you're a public figure like that. Of course I don't expect a ball player to necessarily be a saint, but the fact is kids look up to you and mimic you, so the job comes with some responsibility. Make sense? I dunno, I see valid points either way.

nuclearlemon
08-23-2009, 10:04 PM
b.

first off, "stars" should be held to a higher standard...they get paid plenty the least they could do is be a halfass decent role model.

second, nobody is a saint, but these guys aren't just making mistakes, they are felons! do most decent jobs require background checks? and don't most of them rule out felons? guess what? there are consequences. if i had a felony record, i'd be flipping burgers at mcdonalds. that's where vick should be.

didn't the nfl ban him? now, they just take it back? spineless. major sports is saying that it's ok if you kill someone, rape someone, beat someone, kill dogs, you can come back and make your millions.

i'd love to see the "stars" held to the same standards as us. if i'd committed a felony, my ass would be in jail right now. my future would be grim. i wouldn't be galavanting around the country in hot new sports cars, hanging out at expensive resorts...i'd be rotting in jail. our judicial system is almost as sorry as our famous felons.

Shark Bait
08-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Gonna be a long season, eh? The announcers made it sound like they thought McDaniels made a big mistake unloading a "franchise" QB, even though he is a Prima donna. After watching tonight I think they're right. He could have handled it a little better.

Gonna be a long season. :(

nakman
08-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Agreed, not good, not good at all. I'll be there on Thursday, I wonder how much PT he'll even get... they may want to save some of those 3 and outs for the regular season. :rolleyes:

Shark Bait
08-30-2009, 11:49 PM
they may want to save some of those 3 and outs for the regular season. :rolleyes:

:lmao:

wesintl
08-31-2009, 10:50 AM
put a McBandaid on it Orton...