PDA

View Full Version : Line lock

Red_Chili
08-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Empi, Jamar... or a simple ball valve. As a redundant parking brake (to back up the driveshaft ebrake) what are folks using?

I suppose nothing is out there that could mount to a through hole in the tunnel floor, huh?

Not an imminent project, but cheap enough to make the short list.

Discuss (and abuse the idea...)

zornff
08-25-2009, 01:38 PM
I have the Jamar set up for the rear only so i could do a front dig when needed. It was an easy mod, but to actually push the thing in it takes 2 monkeys and a *%@^ing sledge hammer ! I am looking for one with a lever so i can use it more than i am now. I'm serious, this thing is brutal to use. I have it to the right side of the steering column @ the bottom of the dash in my 40.5.

daisydog34
08-25-2009, 02:07 PM
I will have the one Spidertrax sells, not sure of the maker, as my ONLY source of ebrake. All my buddies with buggies run them with no problems. Some of them do take a bit of getting used to and are hard to opperate. I would almost opt for a ball valve with teflon seals, this would be a lot easier to activate, but not made for this application. Mine is mounted on the front of my tuffy and should be very easy to plumb into the system.

Side note,

Dont tell the TLCA that im running a line lock as an ebrake ;) they dont seem to big on the idea...

Uncle Ben
08-25-2009, 02:55 PM
I will have the one Spidertrax sells, not sure of the maker, as my ONLY source of ebrake. All my buddies with buggies run them with no problems. Some of them do take a bit of getting used to and are hard to opperate. I would almost opt for a ball valve with teflon seals, this would be a lot easier to activate, but not made for this application. Mine is mounted on the front of my tuffy and should be very easy to plumb into the system.

Side note,

Dont tell the TLCA that im running a line lock as an ebrake ;) they dont seem to big on the idea...

Don't worry....they will be so hung up on no spare they might not notice....:rolleyes:

I use a momentary line lock on my front brakes for temp holding. For parking a hydro line lock just isn't a safe option as even the tiniest leak by will no longer hold the vehicle. Even on our Big Ugly Tree Truck (BUTT) it has a hydro brake lock (lever type) and a driveshaft mounted drum secondary with warning tags in several spots to use both along with chocks.

daisydog34
08-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Don't worry....they will be so hung up on no spare they might not notice....:rolleyes:

:lmao: :lmao:

Your so right its not even funny........rather hilarious if you ask me

Red_Chili
08-26-2009, 01:04 PM

I use a momentary line lock on my front brakes for temp holding. For parking a hydro line lock just isn't a safe option as even the tiniest leak by will no longer hold the vehicle. Even on our Big Ugly Tree Truck (BUTT) it has a hydro brake lock (lever type) and a driveshaft mounted drum secondary with warning tags in several spots to use both along with chocks.
Yeah, as mentioned it will serve as backup for the driveline ebrake.

powderpig
08-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Kevin: I do not understand the bashing on the Tech stuff in a open forum??????
Remember you can be on the committee and change things just as well.

powderpig
08-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Besides, line locks have been accepted for a few years, with wheel chocks as the back up. The spare tire issue was hashed out with Mike for this last year.

Crash
08-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Kevin: I do not understand the bashing on the Tech stuff in a open forum??????
Remember you can be on the committee and change things just as well.

Kevin doesn't mind being a Big Ugly Tree Truck head from time to time. :hill:
:bowdown: