PDA

View Full Version : Fall Moab Run

Crash
08-27-2009, 03:38 PM
I will be in Moab from Sept. 26 thru Oct. 3 and anyone who wants to come out during that time, with advance notice, will be shown by Jack Bickers some trails few have ever seen. Some are scenic cruises with spectacular sights and others, as Jack describes them, are not for the faint of heart with even a couple that he has only hiked before but would love to wheel with an experienced crew such as ours. Some of the trails are in the La Sal Mts. for that homegrown Colorado feel and we are free to choose which places Jack will lead us to.

Come out for the entire week or just a couple of days and have a great and different kind of Moab Cruise experience.

Air Randy
08-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Are you expedition camping or staying at one base of operations the entire time? Just asking since we tow out and set up the camper in one place. Put Dee and I down as tentative participants.

Crash
08-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Everyone will be on their own for accomodations. I will be staying at Jack's daughter's place, which is in La Sal, about thirty miles southeast of Moab. I'm guessing that most runs will be organized in Moab and I will have to commute each morning and afternoon from and back to the ranch as I will have chores to do around the place. Hope you two can make it!

Crash
09-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Bump to the top.
This run is still on as originally outlined in the above posts. Since I will be in La Sal, cell phones will be the best way to stay in touch if you plan on staying in Moab. 303-927-8752 is my cell # and I will be getting into La Sal Saturday afternoon 9/26 and will be ready to start running trails on Sunday, 9/27. I need to stick around until Sunday, 10/4, keeping an eye on the ranch in the morning and evenings but will be able to wheel during the day every day. Responsibilities at the ranch prevent me from camping in Moab. Jack is up for leading us pretty much every day and I know he is very excited with the prospect of wheeling with some experienced folks and sharing some of his special Utah places with us. Suz and I have been on the road pretty much constantly the last month so I have some catching up to do with the forum and will be updating this trip thread more in the next few days.

Air Randy
09-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Sounds good, we'll probably stay in one of the campgrounds in Moab.

Who else is going on this trip and where do you plan on staying?

Inukshuk
09-14-2009, 11:13 AM
If I was to try for a weekend, not taking off time from work, which weekend would you recommend? Is there one you can be wheeling both Saturday and Sunday?

Air Randy
09-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Were probably going to go out Friday the 25th because we want to wheel on Saturday the 26th too. If you come out we can wheel together on Saturday and then again with Crash on Sunday.

Crash
09-15-2009, 02:33 PM
I might just have to drive over to Moab on Friday, 9/25, too, then. Don't want to miss out on any of the fun!