PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anybody with a big crane??

RockRunner
09-01-2009, 10:28 PM
We need to move our 10x14' shed from one side of the house to the other, we have run out of room for our toys. We had a crane all set up until they guy got a two plus month job across town so we are out of luck:(.

If anybody knows of somebody/company that does this sort of thing please let me know ASAP. I would like to get this done before September 21st, that is the date I go into the hospital for total knee replacement.

Email me at trompies@gmail.com

TIA Tom :thumb:

bigbluefj
09-01-2009, 10:32 PM
i have one but a bit of a trek not sure if the boss would let me come to denver to move a shed... if you cant fine a crane try some abs pipe and roll it to where you need it a case of beer and pizza work well when doing something like this..

Kevin

60wag
09-01-2009, 10:34 PM
We use Duffy at work. They do everything from light rigging to moving really heavy stuff with really big cranes. If they're not too busy, the price might be right.

Shark Bait
09-01-2009, 11:06 PM
You mean like this?

http://theclosetentrepreneur.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/Mammoet_Crane.jpg

RockRunner
09-01-2009, 11:42 PM
if you cant fine a crane try some abs pipe and roll it to where you need it a case of beer and pizza work well when doing something like this..

We thought about that but we would have to remove two fences.

Kevin

60wag

We use Duffy at work. They do everything from light rigging to moving really heavy stuff with really big cranes. If they're not too busy, the price might be right.

We have a guy coming over Thursday, we have Duffy's tow and donate their 40+' trailer during the St. Patty's day parade so I have a rapport with them.

You mean like this?

That will do but it may be a little light and rigged softly our shed would cause it to tip, but thanks Chris:rolleyes:

Uncle Ben
09-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Sheds are so easy to move! That size of one can be done very quickly by two people. clear out everything from inside. Use a flatbed trailer and a high lift jack. Jack the trailer up on one end so you and you buddy can get a hold of it. Lift the end high enough so the trailer can get under it with the trailer. lower the shed onto the trailer and you might have to slide it a couple feet more to get it all on. Move it to where you want and repeat procedure easy than loading it.

I am moving a big one today in fact....maybe I'll take pictures so you see how we do it. It will take you an hour or so providing the sheds integrity is there and the amount of access you have for the trailer.

farnhamstj
09-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Maybe you could use this one. Duct tape it to the shed and get a large dog to chase it.:lmao:

nakman
09-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Uncle Ben I thought you had a tractor.. don't those pull sheds?

and to further digress..
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/le/lego-duplo-thomas-the-tank-engine-3301-cranky-the-crane.jpg

Uncle Ben
09-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Uncle Ben I thought you had a tractor.. don't those pull sheds?

and to further digress..
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/le/lego-duplo-thomas-the-tank-engine-3301-cranky-the-crane.jpg

Never had much luck dragging sheds very far. I never thought of Legos...your a genius Sir Nak!

Convert
09-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Raise it with a jack put several pipe rollers under it and roll it across the yard

RockRunner
09-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Man you guys are funny...............NOT!!:rolleyes:

No worries, I actually like the Lego one that is pretty cool.

UB we can't do it that way, I thought about that already. We have a fence on both sides of the shed so I would have to take one out. If we go through the backyard we have a 2' drop plus another fence. Going through the front we have a fence and other fence and trees etc. :(

Daniel M. just send me an email and recommended somebody to me. called them and we are booked for Tuesday Sept. 8th. Thanks Daniel I owe you a

They were far cheaper than all the others we called and have done it before. Now we just have to level out the yard and build a retaining wall.

Jacket
09-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Raise it with a jack put several pipe rollers under it and roll it across the yard

x2. That's how we moved a hot tub across our yard.

nakman
09-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Aw c'mon Tom you don't need no stinkin' crane.. Just get 20-40 of your closest friends over, have them all pull on it with ropes while you create a skid and lubricate it with natural oils from the Nile region..

heck, you can move much larger things than a shed....

http://www.cap.nsw.edu.au/bb_site_intro/specialPlaces/special_places_st2/africa/pyramid3.jpg

:lmao:

Inukshuk
09-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Daniel M. just send me an email and recommended somebody to me. called them and we are booked for Tuesday Sept. 8th.

Sweet! Happy that worked out! :thumb:

RockRunner
09-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Aw c'mon Tom you don't need no stinkin' crane.. Just get 20-40 of your closest friends over, have them all pull on it with ropes while you create a skid and lubricate it with natural oils from the Nile region..

heck, you can move much larger things than a shed....

http://www.cap.nsw.edu.au/bb_site_intro/specialPlaces/special_places_st2/africa/pyramid3.jpg

:lmao:

Only if I get to use the WHIP :D We really thought about it but the way our yard is laid out it just wouldn't work. Besides the fact I just don't want to take two fences out and then replace the posts. As it is we will have to level the ground in the new location, there's about a 3' difference in height. Not to mention having to build a retaining wall too.

I think I have enough to do this weekend that I can justify using a crane :p: Now if I could just find some dogs that like to dig:D

Thanks again Daniel, your place was cheaper by $200 over Duffy's. They just came over to look at it.

If nobody is doing anything this looooonnnnggg weekend you are more than welcome to come over and have a Guinness or Butt Head while removing some dirt:D

Uncle Ben
09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Awesome! :thumb::thumb:

Mendocino
09-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Cool! I'm grinding stumps all weekend.:(

Years ago I needed to move my wife's 8x6 greenhouse across the yard about 100.' I jacked it up, made skids out of 4x6s and screwed the skids to the GH, chained it all to my ATV and pulled it to the new location. This all took about an hour and my wife was overjoyed.:D