PDA

View Full Version : Local source for Lock Right Springs

RicardoJM
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
I have the lock right from the rear axle of Uglibus (http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=59116&postcount=49). Timm is looking for the springs, retaining bolt and cross pin which may be buried in storage. I believe that I will reuse the retaining bolt and cross pin that is already in my diff - but will need the springs. If he can't find the springs is there a local source that would carry the pins and spring kit?

wesintl
09-02-2009, 12:22 PM
call powertrax and get them. chances are they might even be no charge.

RicardoJM
09-02-2009, 12:33 PM

Thanks no charge is good:), I also can get the kit from cruiseroutfitters for $$ but if I can find a local source I could get them faster and get it installed this weekend.

subzali
09-02-2009, 01:09 PM
High Country Performance 4x4?

Chris
09-02-2009, 02:04 PM

x2

Uncle Ben
09-02-2009, 03:54 PM

Werd! They might even be talked into getting them to you before this weekend! PowerTrax is good people!

timmbuck2
09-02-2009, 04:41 PM
I am headed to storage right now...so hopefully he won't have to worry about it.......

RicardoJM
09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Called Lock Right (now a division of Richmond Gear) technical support, they were very helpful in getting me the correct part number (1025350KAP) for the pin and spring kit. I asked about a local source and the transferred me over to sales who recommended Off Road LTD in Aurora. Quick call to confirm they had them and I was able to pick them up on the way home. A much better price than any of the major online vendors and the $$$ stay local.

Not quite free but still very good customer service and I have what I need. :thumb:

MDH33
09-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Awesome Ricardo. You're going to love having a locker on trail. Now get some offroad tires on those steelies and mount them up! :thumb:

Uncle Ben
09-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Called Lock Right (now a division of Richmond Gear) technical support, they were very helpful in getting me the correct part number (1025350KAP) for the pin and spring kit. I asked about a local source and the transferred me over to sales who recommended Off Road LTD in Aurora. Quick call to confirm they had them and I was able to pick them up on the way home. A much better price than any of the major online vendors and the $$$ stay local.

Not quite free but still very good customer service and I have what I need. :thumb:

AWESOME! Jeff Maxwell (Off Road LTD owner) is an awesome guy whom I have been friends with for a long time. Jeff has supported us in the past and until recently has heavy supported the CoA4WDCI raffle truck build and parts. I support Jeff every chance I get even if it's just to stop by and chat and buy something silly, I always buy something from him. Hard to keep a brick and mortar store front open these days so kudos to Jeff! BTW several of you know Bobby Kato.....he started selling off road stuff for Jeff, as did Clifton Stay who now owns Poison Spider Customs! Jeff is a retired go-very-fast-in-the-sand buggy guy! In his day he was quite the celebrity! He has watched quite the evolution of vehicle and off roader progression. He is one of those guys who has forgotten more about building trucks than most of us will ever know. :bowdown::bowdown: :thumb::thumb:

Rzeppa
09-03-2009, 11:26 PM

That was my experience when mine went off into the dark recesses of my garage. A quick call and free springs showed up in my mail.