PDA

View Full Version : Wrenching and BBQ

timmbuck2
09-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Ricardo and I were talking about doing a little wrenching on my 40 this weekend to get her up and running, then I decided to get the smoker going with some ribs and some cold beer in the fridge, then a couple more guys at the meeting last night decided that sounded pretty good, then Timztoy from Florida said he would be in town by tomorrow and would also drop by, so it is officially a party. Starting around 1 I will have the smoker going and the beer chilled. Timztoy is also a certified mechanic and we will have plenty of help on hand, so feel free to bring your rig if you have any questions. :) I am a block west of 20th and Kipling...on the corner so pretty hard to miss. Hope to see you there!

Timm

jettaglxdriver
09-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I plan on attending. Want us to bring sides?

timmbuck2
09-04-2009, 04:30 PM
beer, chips, anything else that sounds good

TIMZTOY
09-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm so there I'll also bring more beer

ElliottB
09-05-2009, 01:05 AM
I'll be studying all day... :rolleyes: ...but may swing by with beer if that's cool.

timmbuck2
09-05-2009, 12:39 PM
anyone feel free to drop by, 6 racks of ribs are in the smoker and the fridge is full :)

RicardoJM
09-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm just now buttoning up the locker install. Will be there around 2:00.

jettaglxdriver
09-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Man Tim I totally missed it. I went over to the ex-GF's place to prep the Jetta to move and load up more stuff and ended up spending the night there. I guess were still dating we just don't live in the same place. ;)

I did go by the garage this morning and cleaned up some more. I made a list of materials to build a 4' x 13 hanging shelf over the work bench area we will be able to stash stuff on that won't impede on the work space. It should be tight dog. LOL

ElliottB
09-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Man Tim I totally missed it. I went over to the ex-GF's place to prep the Jetta to move and load up more stuff and ended up spending the night there. I guess were still dating we just don't live in the same place. ;)

Funny how that works.

:Princess: 's are insane.

Mendocino
09-06-2009, 09:56 PM

I did go by the garage this morning and cleaned up some more. I made a list of materials to build a 4' x 13 hanging shelf over the work bench area we will be able to stash stuff on that won't impede on the work space. It should be tight dog. LOL

I hope this continues to work out for you.:)

Bruiser
09-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Timm, Did you get her going? When I left your were going to hit the NAPA warehouse to get a fuel pump. The way is sounded with a little brake cleaner in the carb I image that the fuel pump was just the ticket and you end up taking the 40 for a ride.

Timztoy, thanks for your help with the shakles.

Justin

TIMZTOY
09-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Anytime justin

yea put the new pump in and she puuured like a kitten. Even drive it around the block With a flash light as a headlight. LOL good times. He did say there was another problem when he drove it today, not sure what so I'm going to go look tommorw. :hill:

RicardoJM
09-07-2009, 07:19 AM
yea put the new pump in and she puuured like a kitten.

Excellent, most excellent.

Timm, now get that 40 through emissions, plated, insured and on the road. :D

timmbuck2
09-07-2009, 09:22 AM
purred like a kitten?? more like a mangy old cat coughing up a hairball. :)

think the starter is fried....anyone have a spare starter? for a 55 bel air? Yeah, I didn't think so. I need an F engine...I have 3 starters lying around for it...

Uncle Ben
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
purred like a kitten?? more like a mangy old cat coughing up a hairball. :)

think the starter is fried....anyone have a spare starter? for a 55 bel air? Yeah, I didn't think so. I need an F engine...I have 3 starters lying around for it...

Starter from the F will work just swap out the nose cone and bendex!

timmbuck2
09-07-2009, 12:28 PM
really??? nice!! I needed to run to my storage garage anyway. thanks Kev!!!

nakman
09-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Man Tim I totally missed it. I went over to the ex-GF's place to prep the Jetta to move and load up more stuff and ended up spending the night there. ....

omg that totally made me laugh... :lmao: :lmao:

Uncle Ben
09-08-2009, 10:33 AM
omg that totally made me laugh... :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: Me too.....I think the thread was misspelled....should have been Wenching and BBQ.....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: :bowdown::Princess: :thumb::thumb:

jettaglxdriver
09-08-2009, 03:44 PM
lolol

timmbuck2
09-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Starter from the F will work just swap out the nose cone and bendex!

I guess not on this particular starter...it is the bigger 5 inch starter and the f starter motor does not fit on the nose cone of the chevy. Tim and I have tried a couple of different chevy starters, but just a tad too long. May end up paying $136 to order the right one....ugh....