PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Radio

bh4rnnr
09-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Since my I pod has givin out, and i'm slowley building my I-tunes library back up, i'v been listining to music via Pandora Radio.

Nice to have music again

Pandora Radio (http://www.pandora.com)

Type in your favorite artist or song and start enjoying:cool:

:beer::beer:

TIMZTOY
09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
as soon as I get the rest of my stuff up from Florida I have a external with 36,xxx songs on it, iTunes format your welcome to copy. I only ask that you help contrbute to the collection even if it's only 100 songs that's how I aquired so many, just passed around through friends

art hog
09-07-2009, 11:01 PM
I could add over 9000 to that.

Hulk
09-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Since my I pod has givin out, and i'm slowley building my I-tunes library back up, i'v been listining to music via Pandora Radio.

Did you lose the music on both your computer and your iPod? :confused: Did they both die at the same time?

If your iPod can be played when connected with power (meaning the battery is dead), I could help you rescue all the music -- I have done this before.

TIMZTOY
09-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I could add over 9000 to that.

That would be sweet. I'll let you know when I get the hard drive up here. It's going to be about a month

maxsdad
09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
We have a 1T external about 3/4 filled with music.
Not sure how many songs that is, but anyone is welcome to 'look at'....That would be sweet. I'll let you know when I get the hard drive up here. It's going to be about a month

TIMZTOY
09-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I think that mine is a 360g external and it's only 3/4 full so you problem have like 60,000+ songs LOL

bh4rnnr
09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
as soon as I get the rest of my stuff up from Florida I have a external with 36,xxx songs on it, iTunes format your welcome to copy. I only ask that you help contrbute to the collection even if it's only 100 songs that's how I aquired so many, just passed around through friends

Hmm, Just might be interested in this; though might be best to get a external just for music (Already have one for pictures):beer:

Matt, I just lost the I pod. It will not pull up the music anymore, and I swtiched over to a newer computer so my music is on the old one. One of these days i'll get it off there...

nakman
09-09-2009, 09:53 AM
I love Pandora radio.. had kind of forgotten about it but was running it last night, thanks for the reminder Perry!

Hey Matt we got rid of the computer that had iTunes, but still have the iPod. So Michele put iTunes on her laptop, and when we hook the iPod up to it get a prompt that asks if we want to erase the iPod and replace with the local iTunes library? Which is probably a few demo songs.. there doesn't seem to be a way to get from the iPod into iTunes on the computer..

Most of the music is ripped and stored on a hard drive on my new machine, so if we did wipe the iPod clean all we'd lose is the stuff that she bought & downloaded in iTunes... not the end of the world but would be cooler if all the stuff on the iPod could find its way into the laptop... you know how to do that?

subzali
09-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Pandora got me through many nights of studying in college and also working in the basement of the Bent Gate in Golden...

good stuff.

DaveInDenver
09-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Pandora got me through many nights of studying in college and also working in the basement of the Bent Gate in Golden...

good stuff.
LOL! You make me feel old. We were still jamming on cassettes and vinyl (slowly adding CDs, tho) while studying the first time (way, way back in 1989). Even when I went back to school for the BSEE I would listen to AM radio (KUCB/KVCU (http://www.radio1190.org) had just come back a little more than a year before). Spent 4 years of mornings churning through fields and electronics homework listening to Alisha on the morning show.

RockRunner
09-09-2009, 10:46 AM
You can hook up the Ipod as a local drive. Once that is done you can transfer all the music/pictures you want.

Just plug the ipod into your system before you have it turned on.
Turn on the system and let the Ipod show up as a drive letter.
If the Ipod does not show as a drive letter go to "manage disks"
you can then name your Ipdo with a drive letter.

At this point the Ipod is just like an external drive.

I know I oversimplified it but if you need help LMK and I can walk you through it.

Hulk
09-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey Matt we got rid of the computer that had iTunes, but still have the iPod. So Michele put iTunes on her laptop, and when we hook the iPod up to it get a prompt that asks if we want to erase the iPod and replace with the local iTunes library? Which is probably a few demo songs.. there doesn't seem to be a way to get from the iPod into iTunes on the computer..

Most of the music is ripped and stored on a hard drive on my new machine, so if we did wipe the iPod clean all we'd lose is the stuff that she bought & downloaded in iTunes... not the end of the world but would be cooler if all the stuff on the iPod could find its way into the laptop... you know how to do that?

If she wants to recover the stuff that is on your iPod that you don't have backed up to hard drive, there is a way to do it. You'll need a program to access these files, because they are protected. The one that I have used (and that I purchased) is called iPod Rip (http://ipodrip.com/). Tim, I'm going to send you my license key so you can download the program and use it.

You can hook up the Ipod as a local drive. Once that is done you can transfer all the music/pictures you want.

Just plug the ipod into your system before you have it turned on.
Turn on the system and let the Ipod show up as a drive letter.
If the Ipod does not show as a drive letter go to "manage disks"
you can then name your Ipdo with a drive letter.

At this point the Ipod is just like an external drive.

I know I oversimplified it but if you need help LMK and I can walk you through it.

This is great for using your iPod as a hard drive or jump drive, but this won't let you access the music files stored by iTunes on your iPod. These files are protected and cannot be accessed -- unless you use a program that will allow you to do so.

bh4rnnr
09-15-2009, 09:08 PM
So it seems the only downside to Pandora Radio, is that they do not have any music from Lord Groovy and the Psychodelic Zombiez, a most awesome local band that broke up way to early:mad:

:beer:

RockRunner
09-15-2009, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=This is great for using your iPod as a hard drive or jump drive, but this won't let you access the music files stored by iTunes on your iPod. These files are protected and cannot be accessed -- unless you use a program that will allow you to do so.[/QUOTE]

That is not thrue, I have pulled a ton of music of computers AND Ipods. If you use my system it will work. All I do once I pull the files I is change the file code/extension to what I need and import them to my storage device.