PDA

View Full Version : WTB- 1976 FJ40 Rear axle housing

Rezarf
09-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Hello-

Since my 40 is still my DD, I would like to find a used axle housing for a 1976 fj40. I would like to install my locker, and disk brakes onto the housing and be able to take my time verses try to get everything done in a weekend. Plus I think my bearing surfaces for the outside axle bearings is shot as I can't seem to get a good seal on them anymore.

Anyone got one laying around? Thanks in advance.

Drew

RicardoJM
09-10-2009, 10:55 AM
I know there was one in the alley behind Timm's old house last week. It was from a FJ55 but should fit the need. Of course, a week in that alley is a long time and the metal hunters may have already snagged it up.

treerootCO
09-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I'll dig one out of the garage, come on down! :thumb:

Uncle Ben
09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Hello-

Since my 40 is still my DD, I would like to find a used axle housing for a 1976 fj40. I would like to install my locker, and disk brakes onto the housing and be able to take my time verses try to get everything done in a weekend. Plus I think my bearing surfaces for the outside axle bearings is shot as I can't seem to get a good seal on them anymore.

Anyone got one laying around? Thanks in advance.

Drew

I think the one I picked up for Kipper from someone ????? is still in the back of a parts truck. Kipper has never showed interest in getting it so at this point if you want it PLEASE speak up or it will remain in the back when I haul the vehicle to scrap here soon.

Willinator
09-10-2009, 03:21 PM
PM sent

Rezarf
09-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I think the one I picked up for Kipper from someone ????? is still in the back of a parts truck. Kipper has never showed interest in getting it so at this point if you want it PLEASE speak up or it will remain in the back when I haul the vehicle to scrap here soon.

UB you still have this?

Drew

Uncle Ben
09-14-2009, 04:24 PM
UB you still have this?

Drew

Yup....got your message.....I'll grab it tomorrow from Boulder

Rezarf
09-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Yup....got your message.....I'll grab it tomorrow from Boulder

Need a hand bud?

I am available when it works for you.