PDA

View Full Version : Ford F150 Raptor

Jacket
09-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Anybody seen these trucks yet? A guy I work with just picked one up so I got to see it in person. I'm not that excited about the styling, but you can't argue with some of the standard features:

- 35" tires
- Fox coilovers up front with long travel arms (~11.5" of travel)
- Fox remote res shocks in the rear
- locking rear diff that can be locked in 2wd and 4wd
- 133" short wheelbase (matched xtra cab with short bed)
- lots of cool electronic features....

In an era where most car makers are designing the next hydro-electric gokart commuter, I think this is pretty cool for Ford (especially if they mounted a powerstroke in it...). I think the sticker price is >$40k right now; maybe closer to $50k.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2008/11/the-raptor-has.html

http://blogs.cars.com/.a/6a00d83451b3c669e20120a56bc22d970c-800wi

Cheeseman
09-11-2009, 11:02 AM
There was a show on the TV about a month ago where Ford entered it in the Baja 1000. It won its category. This truck is coming out for 2010. Should be pretty interesting. My neighbor who has run the Baja 1000 a few times has the new brochure from his friend who owns Lakewood Fordland. Looks pretty neat. But then again, checkbook solves lots of problems.
________
Her First Double Penetratio (http://www.****tube.com/video/11426/screaming-on-her-first-double-penetration)

theboomboom
09-11-2009, 11:06 AM
It'll be a real beast once it gets the 6.2 v8! I've only seen one in person and if I had to be honest guys, I would take one of these over a new fj :P

Tch2fly
09-11-2009, 11:39 AM
35" Tires awesome .... but how will they get it emission tested ;)

Corbet
09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I've been trying to get mgt to order one for the lot down here but they are normally pretty conservative with these things. We'll see...:rant::(

Jacket
11-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Unbelievable factory setup.

Key specifications of the FR Raptor XT include:

•500-hp (est.) 6.2-liter naturally aspirated engine
•Six-speed automatic transmission
•Electronically selectable 4x4; 4.56 gear sets; front and rear e-lockers
•A-arm with uni-ball front; four-link RR suspension
•15-inch front/18-inch rear wheel travel
•Coil-over with bypass shocks front and rear
•Chromoly “4130” rollcage; extensive skid plating
•Full featured interior, including power windows/windshield and air conditioning
•Factory seating with five-point restraints
•Off-road beadlock wheel/tires (35")
•Unique appearance package including tubular front and rear bumper and integral lighting
The FR Raptor XT joins Ford Racing’s successful turnkey race Mustangs available only from Ford dealers. There will be a production run of 50 units carrying a price of $99,950.

$99,950! :eek:

wesintl
11-10-2009, 01:50 PM
definitely have to have more money than brains for that.:D

SteveH
11-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Four Wheeler went wild over the Raptor, and I'll admit it sure looks good on paper. Certainly, since a huge segment thinks that it has a to be a 'pickup' to be an offroad vehicle, this will be a big hit.

I still treasure the narrowness of my FJ40/4Runner/FZJ and the 'extra wide' Raptor (so wide it requires clearance lights like a dually) would be a real drag on many trails - literally and figuratively.

Caribou Sandstorm
11-10-2009, 11:28 PM
If I had 99K for a 4x4, I think I would stick with the ICON....

http://www.icon4x4.com/sites/icon4x4.com/files/imagecache/Preview/gallery/rm_1_enlarge_size8.jpg

subzali
11-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Unbelievable factory setup.

$99,950! :eek:

And you have a coworker that got one!? :eek:

Jacket
11-11-2009, 08:35 AM
I still treasure the narrowness of my FJ40/4Runner/FZJ and the 'extra wide' Raptor (so wide it requires clearance lights like a dually) would be a real drag on many trails - literally and figuratively.

That's the side effect of the long travel front suspension. Longer arms = wider track. It's more commonly a desert setup, where width is less of an issue (but it's showing up more and more on trail trucks).

Jacket
11-11-2009, 08:37 AM
And you have a coworker that got one!? :eek:

He got the "standard" version with the smaller V8 and a few less upgrades -> it runs around $45-50k. The model I just posted is a limited edition, offroad-only setup. $100k and you can't even drive it to the office.....:rolleyes:

General Disclaimer: I don't like the styling or the price, but I do like the fact that Ford is leading the way with a factory configuration that includes serious off road parts and a focus on off-road performance.

Jacket
01-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Pretty nice - the new diesel Ford "mini" boasting 346 lb-ft of torque. To me, it looks a lot like a new Hilux that mated with an F150.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/06/video-next-gen-ford-ranger-shows-locomotive-force/

I love this sarcastic quote at the end of the article:

After watching the video, we've got to agree with the decision makers at Ford. Absolutely no one on this side of the world would ever want a small diesel pickup truck with a towing capacity of over 6,600 lbs. We're not bitter. Honest.

RockRunner
01-08-2011, 10:48 PM
General Disclaimer: I don't like the styling or the price, but I do like the fact that Ford is leading the way with a factory configuration that includes serious off road parts and a focus on off-road performance.

Dodge is doing the same thing, the Power Wagon. Build in winch behind the bumper, HD suspension, larger tires etc. you get the idea. All the Dodge guys want it in a diesel but Dodge says it can't do it due to winch and the inter cooler being in the way. Also they want to keep it a gasser so it can compete with Ford.

I like them both but can't see paying those prices, Dodge is about the same.

Jacket
01-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Agreed Tom. I met a guy at the Expo Trophy who brought his Power Wagon to the event. His had front and rear e-lockers, skid plates, sway bar disconnects and a winch, plus lots of creature comforts. Price tag is hefty, and the nearly 150" wheel base is a bit prohibitive on trails, but I was impressed. If only American automotive marketing guys perceived that there was demand for the mid-sized heavy duty rig.....

RockRunner
01-09-2011, 07:57 PM
It would be nice to find a mid-size truck build that way but it takes the factories to much money. Even if they send a Toy to be build they put a lame lift on it with chrome this and that and a winch...........now go get stuck after you paid $45K for that.