PDA

View Full Version : dumb question from a noob

pramjockey
09-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Good afternoon, gentlemen (and ladies). I've got a mostly-stock 2007 FJ crusier, and my buddy has a 2006 Tacoma TRD. We're thinking that we'd like to apply for membership with Rising Sun. So, we're hoping to attend the first October meeting and then our first officially sanctioned run would be the Spooky run (I'm seeing some smoked pork shoulder with luau sauce). Does this work time-wise for the group? Is it better to drive first, then attend meetings afterwards?

Thanks!

Luc & Micah

Shark Bait
09-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Guys. The plan is solid. Membership requirements are to attend at least one run and one meeting. No rush. We'll still be there. Come to the meeting, go on the run. Then you can become members in November. :D

corsair23
09-13-2009, 11:09 PM
x2 on what Chris states...

NO hurry! The requirements are more for your benefit to get to know the club. No pressure to join right away...Some folks have gone on many runs, attended many meetings, etc. before joining officially :thumb:

Of course if you want to join right away after a meeting and an event we'll take your $$ :hill:

MDH33
09-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Come to several events. It will let you meet more people and then decide we're a bunch of geeks.

FJBRADY
09-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Sounds perfect, that's exactly what I did a year ago.....look forward to meeting both of you.

Romer
09-14-2009, 07:58 AM
The whole point is to make sure you want to hang with us before you fork over your money. Course you might learn more about us drinking beer in the after meeting meeting at Hops :D

It would be great to get more FJ's and Trucks into the club

Hulk
09-14-2009, 11:27 AM
You're welcome to attend meetings and events without joining immediately. This is a no pressure club. :) We look forward to meeting you!

pramjockey
09-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Geeks?

Well, shoot, sounds like we're headed in the right direction!

Thanks, guys. See you next month.