PDA

View Full Version : WTB : LX450 driverside flares

Zero1
09-16-2009, 02:19 PM
my driverside (only, PS is fine...) flares have had their plastic receivers for the body rivets break off (oddly the passenger side just pops off if i'm rough on it on the trail). I know a lot of the 80 guys prefer to ride flareless, so i figure someone might have these laying around.

may be interested in package of body cladding if you've got it as well.

(are these flare-side clips why everyone gives up on them?)

Romer
09-16-2009, 02:39 PM
what color, I have some black ones I bought but some of the the clips were broken

When mine have come off, I have saved the brackets and reattached them with JB weld. I have extra clips I just bought. You can buy a 120 peice set of Toyota/Lexus clips for $40. Since I have 4 Toyotas(2 Lexus) I figured it was a good investment

Zero1
09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Sad to say I dont have the clips to reattach; but that's reassuring that you can.

These are the clips that are usually bonded to the flare, not the ones that go into the fender, yes?

Romer
09-16-2009, 04:39 PM
So the bonded to flare are brackets (Big peices of Plastic) to me.

If you let me know what peice, I'll look at what I got and let you know if I have it. What color did you need? If its the wrong color, you can cut the "bracket" off the black one (What I did) and glue it in the correct spot on the one you have

Zero1
09-16-2009, 05:11 PM
The flare is gray (the LX is black, it's the offset dark gray that goes with that...not quite black(sadly, but will probably line-x/rhino the cladding/flares someday)). I was surprised to think that you could buy replacement brackets. I might need to get me some of those clips though too; good to know they offer them.

Romer
09-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I did not say you could buy replacement brackets

I had a panel on the driver side that poped off at the Rubicon. The bracket on the backside of the panel broke off and was lost. I took the similar panel I had bought a set of used and cust the bracket off and J&B Welded it on my piece.
So you need your original peice to make it look like it did, or you can paint this one. You can get the correct paint.

I did buy the clips.

Still haven't said what panel

Zero1
09-16-2009, 06:43 PM
yeah, i got mixed up on the terminology used. i'm with ya now

both driver side flares, front & rear

Romer
09-16-2009, 06:59 PM
I went and looked and what I have is passenger side left. Think I gave some away

Do you still have the originals?

Zero1
09-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Yep, just no brackets attached. I was just gonna do your idea of cut/epoxy off a doner. Hopefully make them more sturdy than original so I dont have to repeat. I think we're a rare breed that like the look of the flares :-)

Romer
09-16-2009, 07:17 PM
The brackets are slightly different from side to side I think. Some might be the same. You welcome to come down and look. I'm near Parkaer Road and Arapahoe Road in the South Metro area

nuclearlemon
09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
if romer can't help ya, try irbis off road, or slee.